[Q] Can't turn on Radio. No network.

OP dl0937

3rd July 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi People.
I have a Nexus 5 that a friend gave a while ago. The phone came directly from google in Mountain View meaning this is/was a prototype phone. (It has a SKU number and a 'NOT FOR SALE' legend in the back)
The really interesting thing about this phone is that in model number it was saying "Nexus 4" even if in fact it is a nexus 5.
The phone was working perfect except for the google play that was crashing every time when I tried to open it. I factory reset the phone several times with no success. The android version it was 4.2.2 (If I remember right)
I decide to flash the phone with a newer version. I flashed everything (system, recovery and radio) with hammerhead 4.4.3.
After this update, I'm not able to connect to the network. If I try to make a call, it display: "to place a call, first turn off airplane mode".
When I go to phone info and try to "Turn on radio" it doesn't do anything.
I reflash all available modem versions with no success.

Any ideas???

Thanks.
3rd July 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,324

4,004 posts
More
Have you checked whether the apn settings are entered properly??

If you've flashed all the factory images then head over to the stock recovery and perform a factory reset.

If both the above things don't work, the EFS partition might have gone bad. If that's the case, then the phone is screwed.
You will need to take it to a lg centre so that they can rewrite the partition.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
3rd July 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Have you checked whether the apn settings are entered properly??

If both the above things don't work, the EFS partition might have gone bad. If that's the case, then the phone is screwed.
You will need to take it to a lg centre so that they can rewrite the partition.

Easiest way to tell if your EFS is gone is look in Settings - About Phone - Status and look for an IMEI number. If its gone you need professional help to fix it as quoted above. Unless you made a back-up....
3rd July 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,324

4,004 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy_9

Easiest way to tell if your EFS is gone is look in Settings - About Phone - Status and look for an IMEI number. If its gone you need professional help to fix it as quoted above. Unless you made a back-up....

Sometimes a non-formatted or messed up cache partition can also show "0" IMEI in about-settings which can be solved by a factory reset. I hope that's the case with the OP. Otherwise he's in big trouble.
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Sometimes a non-formatted or messed up cache partition can also show "0" IMEI in about-settings which can be solved by a factory reset. I hope that's the case with the OP. Otherwise he's in big trouble.

When I flash a hamerhead radio I have an imei number. If I flash a occam one I don't.
When I just got this phone it has occam. Phone model was nexus 4 (even when in fact is a nexus 5)
Now I can't flash it back to occam. Even if I disable confirmation before flashing.
Is there any way to query the modem on this device? I'm afraid because this is a prototype the modem version is different from the one it come with the rom releases.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread