Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,521 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Random app pops up after back-button exit

Tip us?

cawith
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kv1dr View Post
That's really weird. Do you use any custom ROM/kernel? Do you have Xposed Framework installed? Is your phone rooted?
Stock ROM with Franco kernel. But I think it also happened on Faux kernel, but not 100% sure.
I also just disabled Xposed Framework to be able to run on ART, which didn't change it.

kv1dr
Old
Thanks Meter 253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawith View Post
Stock ROM with Franco kernel. But I think it also happened on Faux kernel, but not 100% sure.
I also just disabled Xposed Framework to be able to run on ART, which didn't change it.
It just don't make sense to me. I am also using Franco kernel, but not with stock ROM. I also have GEL and Nova Launcher installed. I have run out of ideas.
My phone: Nexus 5 ... My own apps:

gian569
Old
Thanks Meter 39
same here, quite annoying, 4.4.2 stock and franco r34

stevemw
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I find this happens when a [bad] app crashes. I can't remember which app I had problems with but until I uninstalled it every time I used the back button to leave it I'd wind up in another app, usually one I had not used in a while.
Nexus 4 (2012), Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 5 (2013), LG G Watch (2014)

ekz13
Old
Thanks Meter 72
happened here too... stock launcher, stock kernel, gravity box installed, rooted... about the only changes i've made.
--------------------------------------------
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln

I have neither the time nor the inclination to differentiate between the incompetent and the merely unfortunate. - Curtis LeMay

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1,633
Just a kitkat glitch probably

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

southernmissAP
Old
Thanks Meter 6
This same issue happens to me as well, not too often but it does occur. The apps that mostly come up for me are the dialer and gmail. Im running SlimKat 4.4.2 Build 3.6 with Nova Prime set as the default launcher and I actually started experiencing it after seeing several people who brought it up in the SlimKat thread. However, from what all i have read, seen, and been told about it though, it has been happening to people on all different KitKat roms both custom and stock and not just any one thing in particular. Like another person said, i too believe it is just a KitKat bug in general and not something specific as to any one single thing that could be causing it. I would guess that it will be fixed eventually being that many people have been experiencing it and not just a few.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk