Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Random rebooting

Tip us?

Niurez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
i think a day without apps first would be best, at least it would tell us if it is an app or not. one time on my gnex, i started getting random reboots when there were none before. about 3 days worth of reboots had me confused. i was about to flash the factory img, but i remembered i installed an app the day before the reboots started. even though i only opened it one time since i installed it, i decided to try removing it first. so i removed it, and never had a random reboot on my gnex since.
Oh ok, I'll try this as soon as I'm done with my finals monday since I still use whatsapp quite a lot to discuss studying material. I also only got like 5 apps. The only apps that aren't recognized worldwide might be "De Lijn" app, which I use to check the bus times and "MyMobistar" to check information about my provider. Could this also be because something is faulty in my phone itself and that the only resolution would be to RMA it?

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niurez View Post
Oh ok, I'll try this as soon as I'm done with my finals monday since I still use whatsapp quite a lot to discuss studying material. I also only got like 5 apps. The only apps that aren't recognized worldwide might be "De Lijn" app, which I use to check the bus times and "MyMobistar" to check information about my provider. Could this also be because something is faulty in my phone itself and that the only resolution would be to RMA it?
its possible. if it still happens after flashing the factory img, and some time without any apps installed, then id say the phones hardware is faulty, and rma it.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

Niurez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
its possible. if it still happens after flashing the factory img, and some time without any apps installed, then id say the phones hardware is faulty, and rma it.
Ok, I'll keep you updated.

Much thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Niurez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]