Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

[Q] Random rebooting

OP Niurez

25th January 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

i think a day without apps first would be best, at least it would tell us if it is an app or not. one time on my gnex, i started getting random reboots when there were none before. about 3 days worth of reboots had me confused. i was about to flash the factory img, but i remembered i installed an app the day before the reboots started. even though i only opened it one time since i installed it, i decided to try removing it first. so i removed it, and never had a random reboot on my gnex since.

Oh ok, I'll try this as soon as I'm done with my finals monday since I still use whatsapp quite a lot to discuss studying material. I also only got like 5 apps. The only apps that aren't recognized worldwide might be "De Lijn" app, which I use to check the bus times and "MyMobistar" to check information about my provider. Could this also be because something is faulty in my phone itself and that the only resolution would be to RMA it?
25th January 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,852

26,237 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niurez

Oh ok, I'll try this as soon as I'm done with my finals monday since I still use whatsapp quite a lot to discuss studying material. I also only got like 5 apps. The only apps that aren't recognized worldwide might be "De Lijn" app, which I use to check the bus times and "MyMobistar" to check information about my provider. Could this also be because something is faulty in my phone itself and that the only resolution would be to RMA it?

its possible. if it still happens after flashing the factory img, and some time without any apps installed, then id say the phones hardware is faulty, and rma it.
25th January 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

its possible. if it still happens after flashing the factory img, and some time without any apps installed, then id say the phones hardware is faulty, and rma it.

Ok, I'll keep you updated.

Much thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Niurez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread