XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Read SMS in my car?

Tip us?

scaryshark
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
Default Read SMS in my car?

I'm coming from a HTC 8X and WP8 has a feature which will enable driving mode only when you are connected to a specific bluetooth.

Is there anything like this for the Nexus 5. So I can tell it which bluetooth is my car and only read SMS's if it is connected to that.

I've seen some apps that might do this but they all have the most horrible Froyo style interface, is there not any Holo looking one and one that uses the notification listener service from 4.3+. I don't mind buyin the app either i it's less than $5 or so.

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaryshark View Post
I'm coming from a HTC 8X and WP8 has a feature which will enable driving mode only when you are connected to a specific bluetooth.

Is there anything like this for the Nexus 5. So I can tell it which bluetooth is my car and only read SMS's if it is connected to that.

I've seen some apps that might do this but they all have the most horrible Froyo style interface, is there not any Holo looking one and one that uses the notification listener service from 4.3+. I don't mind buyin the app either i it's less than $5 or so.
Tasker is not easy to learn, but worth every penny.

Tasker can do anything you need.

Hammerhead Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.1 (API 19) + Koush's Universal ADB Drivers v6
Recovery: TWRP | Stock KOT49H zip
Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

RandyN
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
Tasker is not easy to learn, but worth every penny.

Tasker can do anything you need.
Agree with Aerowinder, Tasker will do that and much, much more but it will take a time investment to get it to work and understand it. What you're asking to do is relatively easy with Tasker once you understand some of how it works. Suggest doing a search for Tasker profiles listing what you want to do. Good luck!