5,605,311 Members 38,718 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Realy Realy Poor Batterylife!!!! :eek:

Tip us?

xBeerdroiDx
Old
Thanks Meter 1350
this is actually an impressive battery if your system is configured correctly...and i don't mean you have to have everything turned off.

i am on purity rom running faux kernel. the ONLY thing i have off is google now. bluetooth, wifi, LTE, NFC all on. of course they're really only active when demanded/in use. screen at 40%. i dont have anything set to sleep or disabled at certain periods. i have the phone setup to be useful all day long for whatever i need it for. all that being said, i get a full day on the battery with 4-5 hours of screen on time and when i put it on the nightstand charger at the end of the day, its usually sitting at 30% or more remaining.

The All-In-One Guides for the Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 - I337 and Galaxy S3 - I747

maxpower7
Old
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBeerdroiDx View Post
this is actually an impressive battery if your system is configured correctly...and i don't mean you have to have everything turned off.

i am on purity rom running faux kernel. the ONLY thing i have off is google now. bluetooth, wifi, LTE, NFC all on. of course they're really only active when demanded/in use. screen at 40%. i dont have anything set to sleep or disabled at certain periods. i have the phone setup to be useful all day long for whatever i need it for. all that being said, i get a full day on the battery with 4-5 hours of screen on time and when i put it on the nightstand charger at the end of the day, its usually sitting at 30% or more remaining.
I agree, but I haven't figured out how to keep Google+ from suddenly going rogue on me and chewing up my battery in the background. I haven't been able to find any rhyme or reason to what triggers it to happen. I would just disable the app, but I actually like the Photos portion of it.

When that's not happening, my battery life is fantastic.

mr mystery
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower7 View Post
I agree, but I haven't figured out how to keep Google+ from suddenly going rogue on me and chewing up my battery in the background. I haven't been able to find any rhyme or reason to what triggers it to happen. I would just disable the app, but I actually like the Photos portion of it.

When that's not happening, my battery life is fantastic.
I get the same thing happening, boom out of the blue G+ goes nuts. Others as well, we're not alone on that. Hopefully someone finds a solution or I'll just disable it.