5,601,298 Members 56,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Reasons to buy Nexus 5 instead of LG G2

Tip us?

Hammer_Of_The_Gods
Old
(Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 4th February 2014 at 11:06 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4453
Hi,

Some reading to help you to decide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2512881...

This thread will take the same way, you will have exactly the same advices/opinions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
The OP is the best place to keep a secret because nobody reads it.

BirchBarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
I used the phone last night from fully charged it dropped to 88% with half an hour of screen on, then it wan't placed on the charging pad correctly and this morning after 6 1/2 hours off charge it was on 64%, 20% overnight at idle.

Anyway have greenify, better battery stats and elemental X all running, hoping it gets better because this is terrible.
That's definitely not normal. Mine drains maybe .5% or so per hour at idle. You must have something running in the background draining all that power. It could also be your ROM/kernal. You might want to try reverting back to stock and seeing if it improves. Also before you do anything, you might want to try wiping the cache/dalvik. Sometimes that helps with random battery problems.

aviduser
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Smile Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
That's definitely not normal. Mine drains maybe .5% or so per hour at idle. You must have something running in the background draining all that power. It could also be your ROM/kernal. You might want to try reverting back to stock and seeing if it improves. Also before you do anything, you might want to try wiping the cache/dalvik. Sometimes that helps with random battery problems.
Have tried wiping both, first thing I thought this morning! Kernel is elementalx, flashed last night.

I was expecting 5% or less an hour even 5% with wifi only and phone in pocket seems excessive compared to the G2. Switching to Franco in 5 minutes after I type this and download his app.

John723
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
In the hand it felt more premium, definitely prefer stock to the LG software which is a series of pointless additions (except quiet time which should be STOCK)

Gutted I messed up my G2, hopefully this battery thing comes good or I will sell the nexus and buy ANOTHER G2, no maybe a moto x
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
Feel in hand: N5.
Performance on stock: N5
Battery life: G2
Speaker: Tied
X Factor: N5 easier to customize and tinker

That's not not normal.
Does this mean that both of them are mess ? Mobile application development professionals don't recommend the moto x.

smogtdi
Old
(Last edited by smogtdi; 4th February 2014 at 11:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
I used the phone last night from fully charged it dropped to 88% with half an hour of screen on, then it wan't placed on the charging pad correctly and this morning after 6 1/2 hours off charge it was on 64%, 20% overnight at idle..
my stock N5 will loose may be 5% battery overnight. Something is wrong with your phone or apps. I don't use battery saving apps but I force kill some startup services to keep it clean (and hit the EScleaner widget several times a day)
Nexus N5 stock, not even rooted
Atrix HD LTE with EB40 battery mod, and Lapdock

aviduser
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Thats sounds about right

Quote:
Originally Posted by smogtdi View Post
my stock N5 will loose may be 5% battery overnight. Something is wrong with your phone or apps. I don't use battery saving apps but I force kill some startup services to keep it clean (and hit the EScleaner widget several times a day)
I was expecting 5% overnight.

Lets see how it goes on Franco and if that doesn't work I will factory reset and see if that cures it. I am running stock, I ran a custom 4.2 rom on the G2. Maybe I should go and flash non stock again, sheesh what a hassle, I thought I could get away with root and xposed this time.

WarRaven
Old
Thanks Meter 271
If phone is less then a couple days old, all this is moot.
Hasn't settled yet.
Otherwise as said, it's not normal.

WR

Sent from my Nexus 5

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
(Last edited by Judge Joseph Dredd; 5th February 2014 at 04:43 AM.)
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 21375
Just so there is no result in "this device" vs "that device"....going to just close this thread down before, it goes down hill.....thanks.

Control Operator 1: Do you require backup? Judge Dredd: No.

You require Assistance, just @ or send it, to my Inbox.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe