Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 53,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Reboots after changing wallpaper

Tip us?

Dawnut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Reboots after changing wallpaper

Hi, I am running Franco kernel #53, Carbon rom 4.4.3, Xposed framework and Greenify. After I install the kernel, it immediately breaks 5 of my apps, and I have to reboot and reinstall them, but that is a tiny problem. The more annoying one is every time I change my wallpaper the device soft reboots.I have tested and found that it hasn't anything to do with the undervolting. This wasnt happening with the stock kernel.

Suggestions?

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,179

DONATE TO ME
I've heard wallpapers getting changed after a reboot, but it's the first time I'm seeing a device getting rebooted after changing the wallpaper

Backup Xposed and remove it, restart your phone and then try changing the wallpaper?? May be one of the modules is conflicting with it??
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dawnut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
I've heard wallpapers getting changed after a reboot, but it's the first time I'm seeing a device getting rebooted after changing the wallpaper

Backup Xposed and remove it, restart your phone and then try changing the wallpaper?? May be one of the modules is conflicting with it??
Nope, Xposed isn't the problem either. As soon as I install franco's kernel the reboots occur. Maybe the rom has changed something and became incompatible..... maybe I should just wait for the next kernel version.

Dawnut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Alright, did a clean install and everything is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,179

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnut View Post
Alright, did a clean install and everything is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Good to hear that!