Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Received my Nexus 5 32gb and its the old revision

OP fl3rry

4th July 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
Hi everybody,

Before I ordered my nexus 5 i 32gb read this

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nexus...uttons_id50321

And receiving the old Revision with the smaller speaker grill and wobbly Buttons TODAY is a slap in the Face.

What would you do??? Should i Sent it back? Is there a Chance of getting a new Revision 32gb black Model?!
4th July 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,485

4,086 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl3rry

Hi everybody,

Before I ordered my nexus 5 i 32gb read this

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nexus...uttons_id50321

And receiving the old Revision with the smaller speaker grill and wobbly Buttons TODAY is a slap in the Face.

What would you do??? Should i Sent it back? Is there a Chance of getting a new Revision 32gb black Model?!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...sions-t2597276

No such thing, everyone has rev_11.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...sions-t2597276

No such thing, everyone has rev_11.

Okay cool, thanks for the reference.I received a 404 and I Could live with the speaker and the Buttons but the yellow screen is Diving me Crazy.

Is it true that the Screen will change After a while and Loses the Yellow Color!!?
4th July 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #4  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,485

4,086 posts
More
Quote:

Okay cool, thanks for the reference.I received a 404 and I Could live with the speaker and the Buttons but the yellow screen is Diving me Crazy.

Is it true that the Screen will change After a while and Loses the Yellow Color!!?

Again, not every single screen is made equal and it would not be cost-effective (or effective in any way for LG) to calibrate them all individually. If you use a custom kernel there are ways to calibrate it yourself.
4th July 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 993

3,177 posts
Quote:

Can i ask what device you came from ? I actually like the stock colours, they are pretty accurate, its a warmer display .. if you came from a Samsung device it might seem too yellow, but thats because AMOLED screens are generally cold displays
4th July 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by italia0101

Can i ask what device you came from ? I actually like the stock colours, they are pretty accurate, its a warmer display .. if you came from a Samsung device it might seem too yellow, but thats because AMOLED screens are generally cold displays

Hmm... You are actually right. I have a samsung S3. Its a bit colder and of Course Not as bright as the nexus. But still i have a iPad mini and it is also an IPS Display and the colors are also much more colder. In fact for me it Seems to be more accurate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread