Google to Acquire XDA, Dev Rewards & Policy Changes

We are delighted to announce that starting on April 20th, a finalized deal with … more

Hi Locker to Help You With Lockscreen Headache

The lockscreen is a part of the OS that we see hundreds of times every day, whether … more

Must Have App Review: Spider Squisher Pro Extreme

Here on XDA TV we have a series we like to call Must Have Apps. These are apps that we … more

OnePlus DR-1 Quadcopter Drone Available for Purchase

OnePlus has been teasing a new product for a while now, hailing it as a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Received my Nexus 5 32gb and its the old revision

4th July 2014, 09:42 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Hi everybody,

Before I ordered my nexus 5 i 32gb read this

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nexus...uttons_id50321

And receiving the old Revision with the smaller speaker grill and wobbly Buttons TODAY is a slap in the Face.

What would you do??? Should i Sent it back? Is there a Chance of getting a new Revision 32gb black Model?!
4th July 2014, 09:51 AM |#2  
Elluel's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag えうれる
Thanks Meter: 3,170
 
5,146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl3rry

Hi everybody,

Before I ordered my nexus 5 i 32gb read this

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nexus...uttons_id50321

And receiving the old Revision with the smaller speaker grill and wobbly Buttons TODAY is a slap in the Face.

What would you do??? Should i Sent it back? Is there a Chance of getting a new Revision 32gb black Model?!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...sions-t2597276

No such thing, everyone has rev_11.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elluel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 10:42 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...sions-t2597276

No such thing, everyone has rev_11.

Okay cool, thanks for the reference.I received a 404 and I Could live with the speaker and the Buttons but the yellow screen is Diving me Crazy.

Is it true that the Screen will change After a while and Loses the Yellow Color!!?
4th July 2014, 10:44 AM |#4  
Elluel's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag えうれる
Thanks Meter: 3,170
 
5,146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl3rry

Okay cool, thanks for the reference.I received a 404 and I Could live with the speaker and the Buttons but the yellow screen is Diving me Crazy.

Is it true that the Screen will change After a while and Loses the Yellow Color!!?

Again, not every single screen is made equal and it would not be cost-effective (or effective in any way for LG) to calibrate them all individually. If you use a custom kernel there are ways to calibrate it yourself.
4th July 2014, 11:07 AM |#5  
italia0101's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,037
 
3,275 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl3rry

Okay cool, thanks for the reference.I received a 404 and I Could live with the speaker and the Buttons but the yellow screen is Diving me Crazy.

Is it true that the Screen will change After a while and Loses the Yellow Color!!?


Can i ask what device you came from ? I actually like the stock colours, they are pretty accurate, its a warmer display .. if you came from a Samsung device it might seem too yellow, but thats because AMOLED screens are generally cold displays
4th July 2014, 11:24 AM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by italia0101

Can i ask what device you came from ? I actually like the stock colours, they are pretty accurate, its a warmer display .. if you came from a Samsung device it might seem too yellow, but thats because AMOLED screens are generally cold displays

Hmm... You are actually right. I have a samsung S3. Its a bit colder and of Course Not as bright as the nexus. But still i have a iPad mini and it is also an IPS Display and the colors are also much more colder. In fact for me it Seems to be more accurate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes