Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,491 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Received my Nexus 5 32gb and its the old revision

Tip us?

fl3rry
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Received my Nexus 5 32gb and its the old revision

Hi everybody,

Before I ordered my nexus 5 i 32gb read this

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nexus...uttons_id50321

And receiving the old Revision with the smaller speaker grill and wobbly Buttons TODAY is a slap in the Face.

What would you do??? Should i Sent it back? Is there a Chance of getting a new Revision 32gb black Model?!
Samsung Galaxy S3

HTC Desire - Black Edition

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl3rry View Post
Hi everybody,

Before I ordered my nexus 5 i 32gb read this

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nexus...uttons_id50321

And receiving the old Revision with the smaller speaker grill and wobbly Buttons TODAY is a slap in the Face.

What would you do??? Should i Sent it back? Is there a Chance of getting a new Revision 32gb black Model?!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...sions-t2597276

No such thing, everyone has rev_11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fl3rry
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...sions-t2597276

No such thing, everyone has rev_11.
Okay cool, thanks for the reference.I received a 404 and I Could live with the speaker and the Buttons but the yellow screen is Diving me Crazy.

Is it true that the Screen will change After a while and Loses the Yellow Color!!?
Samsung Galaxy S3

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 761
Quote:
Okay cool, thanks for the reference.I received a 404 and I Could live with the speaker and the Buttons but the yellow screen is Diving me Crazy.

Is it true that the Screen will change After a while and Loses the Yellow Color!!?
Again, not every single screen is made equal and it would not be cost-effective (or effective in any way for LG) to calibrate them all individually. If you use a custom kernel there are ways to calibrate it yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

italia0101
Old
Thanks Meter 864
Quote:

Can i ask what device you came from ? I actually like the stock colours, they are pretty accurate, its a warmer display .. if you came from a Samsung device it might seem too yellow, but thats because AMOLED screens are generally cold displays

fl3rry
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by italia0101 View Post
Can i ask what device you came from ? I actually like the stock colours, they are pretty accurate, its a warmer display .. if you came from a Samsung device it might seem too yellow, but thats because AMOLED screens are generally cold displays
Hmm... You are actually right. I have a samsung S3. Its a bit colder and of Course Not as bright as the nexus. But still i have a iPad mini and it is also an IPS Display and the colors are also much more colder. In fact for me it Seems to be more accurate.
Samsung Galaxy S3