Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Received my Nexus 5 32gb and its the old revision

Tip us?
 
fl3rry
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 30
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Received my Nexus 5 32gb and its the old revision

Hi everybody,

Before I ordered my nexus 5 i 32gb read this

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nexus...uttons_id50321

And receiving the old Revision with the smaller speaker grill and wobbly Buttons TODAY is a slap in the Face.

What would you do??? Should i Sent it back? Is there a Chance of getting a new Revision 32gb black Model?!
Samsung Galaxy S3

HTC Desire - Black Edition
 
Lethargy
Old
#2  
Lethargy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1263
Posts: 2,401
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl3rry View Post
Hi everybody,

Before I ordered my nexus 5 i 32gb read this

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nexus...uttons_id50321

And receiving the old Revision with the smaller speaker grill and wobbly Buttons TODAY is a slap in the Face.

What would you do??? Should i Sent it back? Is there a Chance of getting a new Revision 32gb black Model?!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...sions-t2597276

No such thing, everyone has rev_11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list. Feel free to add me to yours.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
fl3rry
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 30
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...sions-t2597276

No such thing, everyone has rev_11.
Okay cool, thanks for the reference.I received a 404 and I Could live with the speaker and the Buttons but the yellow screen is Diving me Crazy.

Is it true that the Screen will change After a while and Loses the Yellow Color!!?
Samsung Galaxy S3

HTC Desire - Black Edition
 
Lethargy
Old
#4  
Lethargy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1263
Posts: 2,401
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl3rry View Post
Okay cool, thanks for the reference.I received a 404 and I Could live with the speaker and the Buttons but the yellow screen is Diving me Crazy.

Is it true that the Screen will change After a while and Loses the Yellow Color!!?
Again, not every single screen is made equal and it would not be cost-effective (or effective in any way for LG) to calibrate them all individually. If you use a custom kernel there are ways to calibrate it yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list. Feel free to add me to yours.
 
italia0101
Old
#5  
italia0101's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 864
Posts: 2,817
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl3rry View Post
Okay cool, thanks for the reference.I received a 404 and I Could live with the speaker and the Buttons but the yellow screen is Diving me Crazy.

Is it true that the Screen will change After a while and Loses the Yellow Color!!?

Can i ask what device you came from ? I actually like the stock colours, they are pretty accurate, its a warmer display .. if you came from a Samsung device it might seem too yellow, but thats because AMOLED screens are generally cold displays
 
fl3rry
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 30
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by italia0101 View Post
Can i ask what device you came from ? I actually like the stock colours, they are pretty accurate, its a warmer display .. if you came from a Samsung device it might seem too yellow, but thats because AMOLED screens are generally cold displays
Hmm... You are actually right. I have a samsung S3. Its a bit colder and of Course Not as bright as the nexus. But still i have a iPad mini and it is also an IPS Display and the colors are also much more colder. In fact for me it Seems to be more accurate.
Samsung Galaxy S3

HTC Desire - Black Edition
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Remote Control Your Android Device with Monitordroid

The Android OS showsgreat potential in many areas. One of most interesting things that … more

Intel Partners with Unity to Support Android on Intel-Based Devices

Intel, largely known for their long-standing reputation as the king of … more

Device Review: Samsung Gear Live

Recently, Google announced Android Wear to the world. Android Wear is the Android-based initiative from … more

Forums Added for the Nvidia Shield Tablet and Sharp Aquos Crystal

Just a few days ago, wetook an in depth look at theNvidia Shield Tabletand … more