Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 48,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recover deleted files with mac

Tip us?

Aqua3
Old
(Last edited by Aqua3; 27th June 2014 at 03:57 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default Recover deleted files with mac

Hello,

yes this has probably been a problem to many people, but I couldn't find a solution for my case.
I flashed a ROM and forgot to backup my files before, so now my whole photos and files I need are gone.

I am looking for a solution to restore deleted photos on my nexus 5. I obviously can't use generic recovery methods because, well, I don't have a sd card to pull out and plug into my computer.

is there a app / method to recover deleted files directly on the nexus (over adb?)?
Paid solutions are welcome too!

Itsukki
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Check this thread, has a topic on OTG, which happens to allow mounting as usb storage. Might do the trick.

Aqua3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Hmm the OTG part is about mounting devices on the nexus. I want it the other way around, mount it on my mac and run recovery software on it.
Any ideas on that?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10647
Can't be done.

Only options are whats in my signature. Section 5.4

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

shhbz
Old
(Last edited by shhbz; 27th June 2014 at 08:33 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua3 View Post
Hello,

yes this has probably been a problem to many people, but I couldn't find a solution for my case.
I flashed a ROM and forgot to backup my files before, so now my whole photos and files I need are gone.

I am looking for a solution to restore deleted photos on my nexus 5. I obviously can't use generic recovery methods because, well, I don't have a sd card to pull out and plug into my computer.

is there a app / method to recover deleted files directly on the nexus (over adb?)?
Paid solutions are welcome too!
you can give this a try and it works great with nexus5 does job well http://www.android-data-recovery.org...-data-recovery
u need a paid version ,it restores your contact ,messages,pic and files fine just put it on deep scan and let it do the rest later restore

Aqua3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Can't be done.

Only options are whats in my signature. Section 5.4

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yes, I am currently trying a option cross linked in that guide.
I'm taking a raw image of my data partition to my mac and will try to restore data there.

Steps taken from here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...y-yes-t1994705. Although for windows, but finding the needed tools for mac is not that big of a task.

Will report if I have any success on this

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua3 View Post
Yes, I am currently trying a option cross linked in that guide.
I'm taking a raw image of my data partition to my mac and will try to restore data there.

Steps taken from here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...y-yes-t1994705. Although for windows, but finding the needed tools for mac is not that big of a task.

Will report if I have any success on this
Yep, we always love to hear a success story. Thanks!
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.