FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Recover deleted files with mac

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Aqua3, Junior Member on 27th June 2014, 03:19 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,

yes this has probably been a problem to many people, but I couldn't find a solution for my case.
I flashed a ROM and forgot to backup my files before, so now my whole photos and files I need are gone.

I am looking for a solution to restore deleted photos on my nexus 5. I obviously can't use generic recovery methods because, well, I don't have a sd card to pull out and plug into my computer.

is there a app / method to recover deleted files directly on the nexus (over adb?)?
Paid solutions are welcome too!
Last edited by Aqua3; 27th June 2014 at 03:57 AM.
 
 
27th June 2014, 04:46 AM |#2  
mikeszf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Venezuela
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Check this thread, has a topic on OTG, which happens to allow mounting as usb storage. Might do the trick.
27th June 2014, 06:27 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Hmm the OTG part is about mounting devices on the nexus. I want it the other way around, mount it on my mac and run recovery software on it.
Any ideas on that?
27th June 2014, 07:18 AM |#4  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,820
 
More
Can't be done.

Only options are whats in my signature. Section 5.4

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
27th June 2014, 08:26 AM |#5  
shhbz's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Thanks Meter: 1,069
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua3

Hello,

yes this has probably been a problem to many people, but I couldn't find a solution for my case.
I flashed a ROM and forgot to backup my files before, so now my whole photos and files I need are gone.

I am looking for a solution to restore deleted photos on my nexus 5. I obviously can't use generic recovery methods because, well, I don't have a sd card to pull out and plug into my computer.

is there a app / method to recover deleted files directly on the nexus (over adb?)?
Paid solutions are welcome too!

you can give this a try and it works great with nexus5 does job well http://www.android-data-recovery.org...-data-recovery
u need a paid version ,it restores your contact ,messages,pic and files fine just put it on deep scan and let it do the rest later restore
Last edited by shhbz; 27th June 2014 at 08:33 AM.
27th June 2014, 08:42 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Can't be done.

Only options are whats in my signature. Section 5.4

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, I am currently trying a option cross linked in that guide.
I'm taking a raw image of my data partition to my mac and will try to restore data there.

Steps taken from here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...y-yes-t1994705. Although for windows, but finding the needed tools for mac is not that big of a task.

Will report if I have any success on this
27th June 2014, 09:11 AM |#7  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,820
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua3

Yes, I am currently trying a option cross linked in that guide.
I'm taking a raw image of my data partition to my mac and will try to restore data there.

Steps taken from here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...y-yes-t1994705. Although for windows, but finding the needed tools for mac is not that big of a task.

Will report if I have any success on this

Yep, we always love to hear a success story. Thanks!
24th March 2015, 10:29 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
This Data Recovery enables you to recover lost photos, videos, documents and more other files from your nexus 5, you can have a try.
t.co/IRVeusio2J
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes