Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,606 Members 48,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recover Photos?

Tip us?

Elysiate
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Recover Photos?

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to read this. Long story short...I accidentally deleted all my photos from the gallery with a eBook reader app called Moon+ Reader...don't ask. I'm really upset now, as I've lost all my photos and am wondering if there is any hope of recovering the files? I don't have root access, but the image names/data shows up on my PC when I link the Nexus 5 to my computer. The only thing is that when I try to open the files on my PC, I get "The file can't be read. It may be damaged." I'm guessing if it's still displayed on my PC, the files must be store somewhere within the internal storage? Or is there something like a recycle bin where the internal storage files that are deleted are temporarily stored until the space they used to take is overwritten with new data? I just feel so stupid right now! Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I don't have root access. Would rooting my phone wipe my internal storage at this point?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,754
There's no hope, sorry

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534010

[ info] Storage: Nexus 5 Data (info / loss / recovery / prevention)

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Elysiate
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
There's no hope, sorry

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534010

[ info] Storage: Nexus 5 Data (info / loss / recovery / prevention)

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Awww, okay. Thanks for the reply! Just wanted confirmation from someone who knows how this phone works... Now, I can prepare for some closure...

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,754
Do look into prevention for future though

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 135
I did this same thing once on my GNex. Only I was dumb enough to do it in the actual gallery app. I deleted ALL my pictures of my newborn son on my phone. Luckily, we used multiple cameras so I still had some pictures from other sources. This is why I use Dropbox (and Google+) to automagically backup my photos whenever I connect to wifi. That way, if it happens again, they're all backed up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app