Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Red notification light on the nexus 5

OP superjelly31

18th April 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 20

108 posts
I know Push Bullet gives me green notifications. I'm stock as well.
19th April 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
I think i found the problem its my zynga poker app that gets a red notification light

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
19th April 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #13  
Flag daytona beach
Thanks Meter: 204

575 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson2

I'm a relatively new nexus 5 user and am sometimes confused by what the color leds correspond to. Is there a tool that will indicate which app sends which color led signal?

Are you rooted,if so what custom ROM.Majority let you change led to your liking.I hope that helps
Sorry I meant to suggest a very stable build by team omni which let's you adjust led light.try it and have fun
19th April 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 73

818 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitformer

Are you rooted,if so what custom ROM.Majority let you change led to your liking.I hope that helps
Sorry I meant to suggest a very stable build by team omni which let's you adjust led light.try it and have fun

I am rooted but using stock rom.

Various apps utilize led notifications but it is hard after a while to remember which color corresponds to which app. I thought there might be a tool, not to modify them but just to list which app sends which color. But I guess not.
Thanks.
19th April 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #15  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 13

135 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson2

I am rooted but using stock rom.

Various apps utilize led notifications but it is hard after a while to remember which color corresponds to which app. I thought there might be a tool, not to modify them but just to list which app sends which color. But I guess not.
Thanks.

If I remember correctly, the LED light does flash red when the phone is charging, I myself downloaded Light Flow, which allows you to manage all aspects of the LED light, I like it much better than not having control over it . But like you said you did nothing, so must be just an app you have.
19th April 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 44

212 posts
I wonder if an app that monitored the logcat could deduce who the heck triggered the light so you could at least find out what app was responsible?
19th April 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #17  
Flag daytona beach
Thanks Meter: 204

575 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn

I wonder if an app that monitored the logcat could deduce who the heck triggered the light so you could at least find out what app was responsible?

You can go to settings-apps.Check to see what is currently running. What kind of apps do you have that run all the time?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread