FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Red notification light on the nexus 5

18th April 2014, 06:54 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
I know Push Bullet gives me green notifications. I'm stock as well.
 
 
19th April 2014, 04:42 AM |#12  
superjelly31's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I think i found the problem its my zynga poker app that gets a red notification light

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
19th April 2014, 06:47 AM |#13  
Senior Member
Flag daytona beach
Thanks Meter: 204
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson2

I'm a relatively new nexus 5 user and am sometimes confused by what the color leds correspond to. Is there a tool that will indicate which app sends which color led signal?

Are you rooted,if so what custom ROM.Majority let you change led to your liking.I hope that helps
Sorry I meant to suggest a very stable build by team omni which let's you adjust led light.try it and have fun
19th April 2014, 04:58 PM |#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitformer

Are you rooted,if so what custom ROM.Majority let you change led to your liking.I hope that helps
Sorry I meant to suggest a very stable build by team omni which let's you adjust led light.try it and have fun

I am rooted but using stock rom.

Various apps utilize led notifications but it is hard after a while to remember which color corresponds to which app. I thought there might be a tool, not to modify them but just to list which app sends which color. But I guess not.
Thanks.
19th April 2014, 05:48 PM |#15  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson2

I am rooted but using stock rom.

Various apps utilize led notifications but it is hard after a while to remember which color corresponds to which app. I thought there might be a tool, not to modify them but just to list which app sends which color. But I guess not.
Thanks.

If I remember correctly, the LED light does flash red when the phone is charging, I myself downloaded Light Flow, which allows you to manage all aspects of the LED light, I like it much better than not having control over it . But like you said you did nothing, so must be just an app you have.
19th April 2014, 06:43 PM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
I wonder if an app that monitored the logcat could deduce who the heck triggered the light so you could at least find out what app was responsible?
19th April 2014, 06:56 PM |#17  
Senior Member
Flag daytona beach
Thanks Meter: 204
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn

I wonder if an app that monitored the logcat could deduce who the heck triggered the light so you could at least find out what app was responsible?

You can go to settings-apps.Check to see what is currently running. What kind of apps do you have that run all the time?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes