Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 52,106 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Red notification light on the nexus 5

Tip us?

nandowong
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I know Push Bullet gives me green notifications. I'm stock as well.

superjelly31
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I think i found the problem its my zynga poker app that gets a red notification light

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

habitformer
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson2 View Post
I'm a relatively new nexus 5 user and am sometimes confused by what the color leds correspond to. Is there a tool that will indicate which app sends which color led signal?
Are you rooted,if so what custom ROM.Majority let you change led to your liking.I hope that helps
Sorry I meant to suggest a very stable build by team omni which let's you adjust led light.try it and have fun

Anderson2
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitformer View Post
Are you rooted,if so what custom ROM.Majority let you change led to your liking.I hope that helps
Sorry I meant to suggest a very stable build by team omni which let's you adjust led light.try it and have fun
I am rooted but using stock rom.

Various apps utilize led notifications but it is hard after a while to remember which color corresponds to which app. I thought there might be a tool, not to modify them but just to list which app sends which color. But I guess not.
Thanks.

joannn
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson2 View Post
I am rooted but using stock rom.

Various apps utilize led notifications but it is hard after a while to remember which color corresponds to which app. I thought there might be a tool, not to modify them but just to list which app sends which color. But I guess not.
Thanks.
If I remember correctly, the LED light does flash red when the phone is charging, I myself downloaded Light Flow, which allows you to manage all aspects of the LED light, I like it much better than not having control over it . But like you said you did nothing, so must be just an app you have.

Claghorn
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I wonder if an app that monitored the logcat could deduce who the heck triggered the light so you could at least find out what app was responsible?

habitformer
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
I wonder if an app that monitored the logcat could deduce who the heck triggered the light so you could at least find out what app was responsible?
You can go to settings-apps.Check to see what is currently running. What kind of apps do you have that run all the time?