[Q]Reflash stock rom

OP albwh

11th July 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
Is there any tool that will reinstall the stock rom on a Nexus 5 with LOCKED bootloader? Something like emergency reflash from LG Support Tool.
11th July 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,102

3,192 posts
Donate to Me
More
LG Support Tool? There's something LG Flashtool and that works.
11th July 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,540

10,258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by albwh

Is there any tool that will reinstall the stock rom on a Nexus 5 with LOCKED bootloader? Something like emergency reflash from LG Support Tool.

If you have to reinstall the stock firmware why do you care? Just unlock the bootloader, you're going to lose everything anyway.

What situation are you in. There may be ways to save your data

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
11th July 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
The ideea is that I want to root this phone with Towelroot and I've heard that if Google detects a change in the system you can't install any more OTA updates. If this is true, I want to find a method to reflash the stock so I cand get the updates.
11th July 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag Maynard, MA
Thanks Meter: 28

101 posts
More
Quote:

The ideea is that I want to root this phone with Towelroot and I've heard that if Google detects a change in the system you can't install any more OTA updates. If this is true, I want to find a method to reflash the stock so I cand get the updates.

If you're rooted but otherwise completely stock, you should get OTA updates no problem.
11th July 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,540

10,258 posts
Quote:

Well if you modify any system files you don't get the ota. Your best bet is to root and then flash a custom recovery with flashify and then flash a stock rom zip that will be created shortly after any updates come out. You can also unlock the bootloader without wiping data with boot unlocker after your rooted.

11th July 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #7  
Flag Wichita KS
Thanks Meter: 263

1,917 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Well if you modify any system files you don't get the ota. Your best bet is to root and then flash a custom recovery with flashify and then flash a stock rom zip that will be created shortly after any updates come out. You can also unlock the bootloader without wiping data with boot unlocker after your rooted.

There's a whole sticky on returning to stock so you can get OTAs. </thread>
11th July 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 257

606 posts
If you're able to flash the stock ROM, you should be past the point where you need to worry about being able to get any updates.
11th July 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,102

3,192 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yeah. I'd highly recommend just flashing a prerooted busybox stock ROM. You can always do a dirty flash over stock ROM and still keep data.
11th July 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1,129

4,647 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

You do get the OTA, but if you modify /system/ or something else, the OTA won't install.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread