Regarding 4.4.2 factory image

Search This thread

Akr706

Apr 14, 2014
I am not sure if i am being a noob here or not. But posting what i observed. Any help in this would be appreciated.
I bought my nexus 5 two months back and was using it without any problems, never faced any bugs like "mm-qcamera-daemon" bug or any other and the battery backup was quite good too. I rooted it few days back and tried a lot of mods becuase of which my phone got slow. So i flashed the factory image 2 days back, downloaded from the official source, ofcourse. But since then, my phone's battery is draining faster. And the well known "mm-qcamera-daemon" bug has also started appearing. :(

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
draining faster says nothing really. it can be youre use, it can be your screen brightness, it might be the google play services that many have been complaining about the past 2 weeks, there is just too many reasons why. and about the camera daemon.. it does affect every nexus. you might not have noticed it much before(i didnt really either, as its not a massive amount of battery that its draining), but it does use more when using the new camera app. i ended moving my camera out of system into being a user app, and its draining much less battery now.

Akr706

Apr 14, 2014
draining faster says nothing really. it can be youre use, it can be your screen brightness, it might be the google play services that many have been complaining about the past 2 weeks, there is just too many reasons why. and about the camera daemon.. it does affect every nexus. you might not have noticed it much before(i didnt really either, as its not a massive amount of battery that its draining), but it does use more when using the new camera app. i ended moving my camera out of system into being a user app, and its draining much less battery now.

Yeah, but i have always kept an eye on usage and the battery stats. Thats why i observed all this just after flashing the factory image. The "mm-qcamera-daemon" never ever appeared in my stats in last 2 months. It started appearing the next day of flashing the factory image. :rolleyes: