5,600,984 Members 44,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Relock bootloader without using recovery?

Tip us?

llewelld
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Relock bootloader without using recovery?

Hi.

I am about to RMA my phone and need to lock the bootloader..

BUT - I cant get into recovery.

I have tried everything, reverted to stock image (followed the thread how to return to stock image) , but no matter what, I cant boot into recovery.

I can get into the bootloader / fastboot , ie and run adb commands, but I cant boot into recovery.. its just flashed the google logo and then gets tuck there ..

Is there any way I can relock the bootloader given my predicament?

it's doing some other pretty weird stuff.. pretty sure the battery is near flat, but If I plug it in to charge, it flashes the charging logo and then about 10 seconds tries to boot,.. flashes the google logo and then about 1 second ofthe spinning colour circles.. then just black screen.. even if I go into the bootloader and hit power off..

If anyone has any Ideas I would love to know.

Does anyone know if google will RMA with an unlocked bootloader or am i screwed? This sucks!

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7454
1) you cannot run adb commands from fastboot. Adb commands only work in android or recovery

2) you just use fastboot commands from fastboot (bootloader). Accessing recovery is not part of the process

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

pepdavies
Old
Thanks Meter 66
You lock the bootloader from the bootloader, but it sounds like you have lots of problems. I would just send it back if you can't lock it

Sent from my Nexus 5

housry23
Old
Thanks Meter 736
Just boot into bootloader and run fastboot oem lock. No need to go to recovery for locking the bootloader. If you have flashed the stock images already the data was already wiped.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

llewelld
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Why is there a whole thread about relocking the bootloader and a zip to flash via CWM (talking about resetting the tamper flag?)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701

If I just do fastboot oem lock isn't Google going to be able to tell I have been flashing..?

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
Quote:
Originally Posted by llewelld View Post
Why is there a whole thread about relocking the bootloader and a zip to flash via CWM (talking about resetting the tamper flag?)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701

If I just do fastboot oem lock isn't Google going to be able to tell I have been flashing..?
If you have a custom recovery/ROM on the phone then of course they'll know what you've done! You have to flash the factory image and then relock the bootloader and you'll be OK
Google Nexus 5 (LG-D821) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!!

enzippo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
If you have a custom recovery/ROM on the phone then of course they'll know what you've done! You have to flash the factory image and then relock the bootloader and you'll be OK
Why don't use Bootunlocker? You can unlock/relock directly from the Nex5 without loss data and no wipe!!

housry23
Old
Thanks Meter 736
I seriously doubt that they will check the tamper flag. Maybe sprint would, but I doubt that Google will. Just relock the bootloader and send it in bro. You'll be OK. I've sent nexus 7, nexus 4 both back with an unlocked bootloader and got my replacement no questions asked.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

llewelld
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzippo View Post
Why don't use Bootunlocker? You can unlock/relock directly from the Nex5 without loss data and no wipe!!
because I cant boot. - cant get past the google logo so I cant run any apps..

maxal
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by llewelld View Post
because I cant boot. - cant get past the google logo so I cant run any apps..
What about trying Wugfresh toolkit he has a setting in it for recovering from a none booting/softbricked device.
Asus Vivotab tf810c Windows 8.1.1
HTC One unlocked+rooted+S-Off 4.4.2
Nexus 5 unlocked+rooted 4.4.2