XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Remove the lock?

Tip us?

Giston141
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] Remove the lock?

Hello, on all the phones I've rooted before and had a tampered logo somewhere on the boot screen, I was able to remove it, but on this phone I have no idea how to get rid of the unlocked lock on the Google boot screen, anyone know how to fix this? Or is it impossible?
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: Stock 4.3 MK3 Stock 4.4.2
Carrier: Sprint

Kyocera Oystr → Kyocera Marbl → Motorola i880 -> HTC EVO Shift → HTC EVO 4G → HTC EVO 3D → Motorola Photon → Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch → HTC One S → HTC Hero → Samsung Intercept → LG Nexus 5 → Apple iPhone 5c → Samsung Galaxy S4 → HTC One → iPhone 5 → Samsung Galaxy S3

STi_Fanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giston141 View Post
Hello, on all the phones I've rooted before and had a tampered logo somewhere on the boot screen, I was able to remove it, but on this phone I have no idea how to get rid of the unlocked lock on the Google boot screen, anyone know how to fix this? Or is it impossible?
fastboot oem lock

phazerorg
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Or since you're rooted, try BootUnlocker and lock/unlock the bootloader whenever you want...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...1.bootunlocker

Giston141
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_Fanatic View Post
fastboot oem lock
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazerorg View Post
Or since you're rooted, try BootUnlocker and lock/unlock the bootloader whenever you want...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...1.bootunlocker
But if I lock the bootloader wont I not be able to flash things without unlocking it again? I flash things way to often, I figured there'd be a way to just simply hide it. I've accomplished this on other phones.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: Stock 4.3 MK3 Stock 4.4.2
Carrier: Sprint

Kyocera Oystr → Kyocera Marbl → Motorola i880 -> HTC EVO Shift → HTC EVO 4G → HTC EVO 3D → Motorola Photon → Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch → HTC One S → HTC Hero → Samsung Intercept → LG Nexus 5 → Apple iPhone 5c → Samsung Galaxy S4 → HTC One → iPhone 5 → Samsung Galaxy S3

phazerorg
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giston141 View Post
But if I lock the bootloader wont I not be able to flash things without unlocking it again? I flash things way to often, I figured there'd be a way to just simply hide it. I've accomplished this on other phones.
You can still flash from recovery with a locked bootloader, just not from the bootloader itself (fastboot). And you can just unlock it using BootUnlocker anytime you want to flash with fastboot... it's that easy.

I don't know if you can just hide the icon without locking... most of us here don't care about the icon... it's just part of what makes a Nexus a Nexus. I personally enjoy seeing it when my devices boot up - it reminds me that I bought a device that supports unlocking and flashing out of the box without hacks.