XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

remove status bar and navigation bar gradient

Tip us?

zipredictive
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Default remove status bar and navigation bar gradient

Any idea how can I remove the status and navigation bar gradient? I want full transparent.
I havent seen anything on xposed.
And I want to keep google gel launcher.
HTC Tattoo > Nexus One > Nexus S > Galaxy Nexus

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipredictive View Post
Any idea how can I remove the status and navigation bar gradient? I want full transparent.
I havent seen anything on xposed.
And I want to keep google gel launcher.
I've been looking for this ever since I got my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK47 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

Nathanabrahams
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD View Post
I've been looking for this ever since I got my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5
I've been looking for a way to do this for a while and I figured out a work around

What you will need
-xposed installer
-a module called tinted status bar

First install the module and reboot ... Now go into the module and go to settings UNCHECK respect kitkat api
... Then go to Google in the apps list and change all activities to number 0000000 in both nav and status bar.... The find the lock screen app and do the Same the result should be this

Ask me if you need any additional help.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

robbsen1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This works for the Navigation Bar but not for the Notification Bar

orangeisnon
Old
Thanks Meter 21
This did the exact opposite of what I wanted it to do. Instead of removing the gradient, it removed the entire bar but kept the gradient (I'm using xblast to make my bars solid). I'll post a screenshot if I get a reply.
Atrix HD MAXX------CyanFox 2.0.2------Unlocked (T-Mobile)
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma

rootSU
Old
(Last edited by rootSU; Yesterday at 10:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7487
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeisnon View Post
This did the exact opposite of what I wanted it to do. Instead of removing the gradient, it removed the entire bar but kept the gradient (I'm using xblast to make my bars solid). I'll post a screenshot if I get a reply.
You haven't posted what you want to do in this thread, so I'm answering out of context.

This makes the bar transparent. That's what the first 00 means. You could replace that with ff to make it solid. If you're modifying with xblast too, you'll likely conflict.

This should remove the gradient under normal circumstances

Edit... I've tested and confirm the below works also with Nova launcher

1) installing the module allows the status bar colour to be determined by the app that is open. E.g. tapatalk with dark theme makes status bar Grey. Chrome makes it white. Nova makes it black

2) untick respect kitkat api is what stops kitkat enforcing the gradient.

3) select your launcher (for me, Nova) then set the status bar colour to what you like in "all activities". Most people just want rid of gradient but want to keep transparency so the 00000000 is selected. Otherwise it will default to whatever the launcher decides which for me was black

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

orangeisnon
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
You haven't posted what you want to do in this thread, so I'm answering out of context.
Let me elaborate: I used XBLAST to make my status and navigation bars solid (stat=orange, nav=white). However, the gradient that is usually there actually extends beyond the normal height of both bars, leaving a small amount of gradient visible on my wallpaper (whose top half is the same value orange and bottom is pure white). What I'm left with is (bottom up) white, grey, white, orange, dark orange, orange. What I want is to remove that left over gradient and make the bottom half of the entire screen white and the top half entirely orange.

Though, now that I think of it, I can get rid of XBLAST and just use this to remove the gradient, while extending my background to the very top and bottom of the screen. (as long as it actually removes the gradient)

But if you have a solution (besides that) I'd like to hear it as well.

Thanks for making me think.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7487
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeisnon View Post
Let me elaborate: I used XBLAST to make my status and navigation bars solid (stat=orange, nav=white). However, the gradient that is usually there actually extends beyond the normal height of both bars, leaving a small amount of gradient visible on my wallpaper (whose top half is the same value orange and bottom is pure white). What I'm left with is (bottom up) white, grey, white, orange, dark orange, orange. What I want is to remove that left over gradient and make the bottom half of the entire screen white and the top half entirely orange.

Though, now that I think of it, I can get rid of XBLAST and just use this to remove the gradient, while extending my background to the very top and bottom of the screen. (as long as it actually removes the gradient)

But if you have a solution (besides that) I'd like to hear it as well.

Thanks for making me think.
It's only the "respect kitkat api" part you need. The problem is, this app colours the status bar according to the app that is in focus on your screen too. You can set default colours for when the app is not colouring the status bar so you could set that orange. You can also turn off 3rd party apps from changing the status bar colour.

The gradient itself shouldn't extend beyond the status bar so maybe you just need to use something other than xblast to colour your status bar?

PS... I never used this app before. I don't care about gradient but I love it now. It's like PA colours but I can back up the settings now.

Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

orangeisnon
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
1) The gradient itself shouldn't extend beyond the status bar so maybe you just need to use something other than xblast to colour your status bar?

2) PS... I never used this app before. I don't care about gradient but I love it now. It's like PA colours but I can back up the settings now.
1) I'm assuming the reason it was extending was because I used it along with xblast, and like you said they conflicted. I'm disabling it now to see what happens.

2a) I'm running PAC, (just installed this weekend) would it have PA colours in it? I haven't checked, but if I can do this without using xposed at all, that's even better.
2b) Since I'm running PAC and it's a nightly, I'm getting FCs every time I go into app settings (aka can't clear data that way), so it's getting kind of tricky to revert my settings for this app (again nightly, I have a bug where the text stays in the background while scrolling, making it difficult to read).

I'm about to leave work, I'll reply with how it went later.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7487
I haven't used PA since JellyBean so I'm not sure if per app settings still exist. I assume they do.