Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Remove white spots all over my screen ? not dead pixels

Tip us?

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,179

DONATE TO ME
A md5 mismatch couldn't have caused this. If you're using latest recoveries then it already has a md5 checker which aborts the installation if there's a mismatch. As I said earlier, it looks like a display problem with particular rgb colors. This is the first time I've seen such an issue on the nexus 5 forums.

Since it's just few weeks old, I hope you do get a replacement.

augustinleman
Old
(Last edited by augustinleman; 17th July 2014 at 10:46 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
A md5 mismatch couldn't have caused this. If you're using latest recoveries then it already has a md5 checker which aborts the installation if there's a mismatch. As I said earlier, it looks like a display problem with particular rgb colors. This is the first time I've seen such an issue on the nexus 5 forums.

For the sake of it I have completed a thorough reinstall of android 4.4.4 doing a full wipe (data, system, dalvik, cache), checking the md5 and following the method described here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701) but it had no effect at all.

I start thinking that the issue might material in the end and that my best shot is trying to get it replaced.

If somebody has another idea, I am willing to try it.

Cheers

koszor
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustinleman View Post
@raptir: Do you think that the fact that I do not have the issue when on bootloader or recovery but only when boot animation is starting can be explained by framebuffer ? I guess I would also ask merchant website to change the phone as I bought it about 2 weeks ago.

@koszor: I have not checked the md5 of the firmware I downloaded. As I have tried with 3 different roms, do you think it can be related to stock framework integrity ?

Cheers.

Augustin
Are you perhaps using the same computer or internet connection (or even browser) to download the firmwares? If one was corrupt while downloading on the same computer I could easily see all of them being corrupt.

I think its an unlikely event but something to consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post

Forgot about this ^^