Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Removing Google Now results

Tip us?

Paddington
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Default Removing Google Now results

As most of you know, IB Times and Christian Post are the absolute worst sources for Android news. They post completely fictitious rumors without any sources and without mentioning that the past 1010928 rumors they posted were wrong. I made the mistake of clicking on a few of these stories, so for a few months, I've gotten nearly daily notifications in Google Now about Nexus articles posted on these websites. I want to remove these websites from my Google Now completely.

I did some research on how to do this, and Google said to click the menu button on the individual notification inside of Google Now and I can request that no more results from that website be displayed. However, that's not a choice. Instead, I have the option of whether or not to continue to receive articles relevant to the Nexus devices. I do want to receive articles about Nexus devices, just not from these sources.

Can anyone tell me how to remove notifications from specific websites without removing notifications for the subject of the articles? Thanks in advance. Also, I wasn't sure if this went in Q&A or Apps & Themes, so I made a judgment call and went with the Q&A forum. Apologies if it should have gone elsewhere.
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paddington For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 361
Try deleting the offending pages from your Google browsing history. You may have to wait a few days after that for the cards to stop appearing.

ONEPLUS ONE STOCK CM11S TWRP
NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP

The Following User Says Thank You to PhilipTD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Paddington
Old
(Last edited by Paddington; 10th April 2014 at 07:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD View Post
Try deleting the offending pages from your Google browsing history. You may have to wait a few days after that for the cards to stop appearing.
I'll try that and see if it works. I thought of it as a possible solution, but figured I'd see if there was an easier way first. Thanks.

Edit: Ok, so I tried that, but it can't be the solution. Apparently I had already done this for both Christian Post and IB Times, and the only history results I had were three IB Times results from the past month where I clicked the link based on the headline without looking at the source first. All of the earlier IB Times visits and all of the Christian Post visits were gone. However, I received a Christian Post notification as recently as two days ago.
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)

syntrix
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
I'll try that and see if it works. I thought of it as a possible solution, but figured I'd see if there was an easier way first. Thanks.

Edit: Ok, so I tried that, but it can't be the solution. Apparently I had already done this for both Christian Post and IB Times, and the only history results I had were three IB Times results from the past month where I clicked the link based on the headline without looking at the source first. All of the earlier IB Times visits and all of the Christian Post visits were gone. However, I received a Christian Post notification as recently as two days ago.
I've never been to those sites before GN, and they keep showing up.

I agree with what you are saying... garbage articles that shouldn't show up in my GN. Subscribing!

RoyJ
Old
Thanks Meter 1205
I would like an answer to this too!

I think I'll just email CP and IB and tell them to stop posting crap. :/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
*Click for device info

ROM: All of them at least once
KERNEL: Bricked Stable
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3.6.4
Other Devices: Galaxy Nexus

Evolution_Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 323
I'm curious too. I keep getting GN notifications for international soccer scores and it says below them that I searched for this team. Trust me, I have not. I don't search for any sports or teams. I went as far as reporting it to Google but haven't gotten a response. I've checked my search history and also deleted it. But they still appear at random.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.

Paddington
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyJ View Post
I would like an answer to this too!

I think I'll just email CP and IB and tell them to stop posting crap. :/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I have actually emailed the authors/editors of articles on both sites pointing out all of the incorrect information and asking about sources. I have never gotten a response.
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)

Paddington
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Anyone have any ideas?
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)