XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Repeatedly Losing Data Connectivity

Tip us?

culturistic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Repeatedly Losing Data Connectivity

My Nexus 5 frequently loses mobile data connectivity. Its been happening since I purchased it, but the frequency with which it happens has increased since I flashed the M1 snapshot of CM. I've since flashed the second snapshot from early January, but it has not made any difference.

This is the same sim card that ive used with my nexus 4 and my htc one without any problems, and I've made no changes in my wireless carrier.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this happens?

CRIME INC.
Old
Thanks Meter 1682
Try a different,maybe older, radio. If that doesn't help go back to stock and see if it persists.

sent from my Hammerhead Nexus

soccerfan6789
Old
Thanks Meter 594

DONATE TO ME
Flash the Nexus factory image. If that fixes it, its a problem on CM's side

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xIceCream
Old
Thanks Meter 69
hi.

i was this problem too, not exaactly the same, but somehow similar. I have 3g connection, the signal bar shows H and somtimes 3G, but the speed is freaking slow, worse than 2g. Initially I thought its something wrong with my phone, been changing ROMS to see if it is the issue, but no. Then I flash the latest baseband / radio, and still doesnt help.
Be reminded I am on 4G plan, but never had any 4g network ( it is not because i'm not in an area with no 4g network )
I was very frustrated and emo at the same time, thinking of RMA the phone, thought it is the radio chip problem.

but then... I called my telco, asking why I'm experiencing slow connection and bla bla, and I don't have 4g network. They keep saying my network is working perfectly, and running normally, I requested them to reset my network connection. They agreed and asked me to turn off the phone for a few minutes then they reset the network for me.

After that, everything is running perfectly.

This was 2 days ago. And guess what, I don't have any 4g connections now again. Stupid telco, I'm going to call them later when i'm free. grrr.

but please make a call to your telco and ask them.

Hope that helps