Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 49,291 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [REQ] Default System APKs - list inside!

Tip us?

Grushteniak
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] [REQ] Default System APKs - list inside!

Hello guys

I messed up with my Nexus 5: I've applied the 'Stock White Holo Build v7' originally created for N4 XDA Thread link and I'm on a boot loop right now.. I was stupid, I wasn't aware that this could put me down.

The .zip has these lines in updater-script:

Code:
Select Code
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
delete("/system/priv-app/Settings.odex");
delete("/system/priv-app/Mms.odex");
delete("/system/priv-app/SystemUI.odex");
delete("/system/priv-app/GoogleCamera.apk");
delete("/system/app/GoogleCamera.apk");
delete("/system/app/GoogleCamera.odex");
delete("/system/app/CalendarGoogle.odex");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
unmount("/system");
Inside .zip, has a system folder with these folders and files:

Code:
Select Code
\system\app\CalendarGoogle.apk
\system\app\DeskClockGoogle.apk
\system\app\GalleryGoogle.apk
\system\app\GoogleCamera.apk

\system\framework\framework-res.apk

\system\priv-app\GoogleDialer.apk
\system\priv-app\KeyGuard.apk
\system\priv-app\Mms.apk
\system\priv-app\Settings.apk
\system\priv-app\SystemUI.apk
\system\priv-app\TeleService.apk
After flashing this .zip listed above, my android got screwed up and got stuck in a bootloop. Looking for a solution, I found this thread: Another XDA Thread - now for N5 and found 'White UI for KOT49H (deodex) v1.zip' available for download there.
This file .zip replaces the following files:

Code:
Select Code
\system\app\DeskClockGoogle.apk
\system\app\GalleryGoogle.apk

\system\framework\framework-res.apk

\system\priv-app\GoogleDialer.apk
\system\priv-app\Settings.apk
\system\priv-app\SystemUI.apk
\system\priv-app\TeleService.apk
After flashing it, Android booted, but 'com.android.systemui' keeps crashing and I can't do anything else but force boot it.

Question: If I sideload a default 'SystemUI.apk', am I be good again? If so, can anyone please share this apk with me please?
If this won't work, how would you guys solve this? I know tat re-flashing my ROM would do the trick, but I would like to know if there's a simpler solution and with any loss.

Thanks!

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1948

DONATE TO ME
How would you be at a loss by flashing your current ROM? It's the simplest way! There won't be any data loss. If you are on a custom rom, then just flash the rom.zip via recovery and you will be good to go! If you're on stock, then download the stock factory image and only flash system.img
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Grushteniak
Old
(Last edited by Grushteniak; 31st May 2014 at 06:51 AM.) Reason: Feedback
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
How would you be at a loss by flashing your current ROM? It's the simplest way! There won't be any data loss. If you are on a custom rom, then just flash the rom.zip via recovery and you will be good to go! If you're on stock, then download the stock factory image and only flash system.img
Thank you man, this did the trick. With this, I was able to boot into Android again but somethings are still messed. But once Android booted, I was able to backup some things and now I'm reflashing stock ROM again.

Update: I've finished flashing stock ROM again, leaving userdata intact. When ROM flash was complete I've flashed SuperSU to have root again, re-installed Xposed and everything went back as it was before I screwed everything. Problem 100% solved, thank you again @vin4yak!

This thread may be closed, if this is what happens when the problem mentioned is solved.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grushteniak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1948

DONATE TO ME
Aah! Good to hear