FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REQ] Tasker Bluetooth profile?

2,811 posts
Thanks Meter: 571

By Audioboxer, Senior Member on 21st February 2014, 05:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, trying to wrap my head around Tasker. Bought it a while back but got scared off by it

I currently use Greenpower Premium to manage my bluetooth connection, but it's such a bulky way to do it considering I don't use any of the "battery saving" features.

What I would like is

a) Bluetooth to turn on when connected to a power source
b) Bluetooth to disconnect after 5 minutes if NOT connected to a device.

The only caveat of point B is point A takes priority, so even if not connected to a device, but connected to a power source, bluetooth stays on. It's for use in my car.

Any help for a Tasker noob? Cheers

21st February 2014, 11:52 PM |#2  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioboxer

Hey guys, trying to wrap my head around Tasker. Bought it a while back but got scared off by it

I currently use Greenpower Premium to manage my bluetooth connection, but it's such a bulky way to do it considering I don't use any of the "battery saving" features.

What I would like is

a) Bluetooth to turn on when connected to a power source
b) Bluetooth to disconnect after 5 minutes if NOT connected to a device.

The only caveat of point B is point A takes priority, so even if not connected to a device, but connected to a power source, bluetooth stays on. It's for use in my car.

Any help for a Tasker noob? Cheers

your A is very easy to do (as evidenced by a novice like me messing around with it until it worked), you'll just have to go into each setting for the basic profile.

B, no clue... i've never tried it, but i can't think of a reason it'd be that difficult.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lucke Ad-Free
22nd February 2014, 03:26 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2,001

More
If this is all you want Tasker to do try out an app called Bluetooth Auto Connect. Your Profile A should really be easy to program(porofle/state/power/any:taskaction/net/bluetooth on) while your Profile B there is actually a profile you can download from the Tasker site then import into Tasker. It's set at 15 minutes but you can change it.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrasLOHF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndrasLOHF Ad-Free
22nd February 2014, 04:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Here is the way I interpreted
A) make profile under state>power>power(any or ac). The make a task setting Bluetooth on under "net." Go back to profiles and press and hold the new task you made and select add exit task. You can put set Bluetooth off when it disconnected from power source.
B) state>net>Bluetooth connected. Task set Bluetooth on or whatever, then add an exit task under task>wait>5 min then set Bluetooth off. Unlink the start task with the green arrow cause unless you want a notification saying whatever when connected, I don't see any use for an enter task.
The Following User Says Thank You to DroneDoom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DroneDoom Ad-Free
24th February 2014, 01:16 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 571

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrasLOHF

If this is all you want Tasker to do try out an app called Bluetooth Auto Connect. Your Profile A should really be easy to program(porofle/state/power/any:taskaction/net/bluetooth on) while your Profile B there is actually a profile you can download from the Tasker site then import into Tasker. It's set at 15 minutes but you can change it.

Thanks I'm going to do that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)