Ask a question

No registration required

[REQUEST] Symbols on long-press for stock Google 4.4.2 keyboard

OP BullHorn7

23rd March 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

194 posts
I really like the stock keyboard but I'm really missing the symbols on long-press. In the past, while using a Note 2, somebody released a .csc file that enabled the symbols.

Any ideas? I couldn't find it in the FAQ.
25th March 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

194 posts
Bump
25th March 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 387

1,750 posts
If you like the stock keyboard, you'll LOVE SwiftKey! And it features long-press access to numerous special characters.
25th March 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

194 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD

If you like the stock keyboard, you'll LOVE SwiftKey! And it features long-press access to numerous special characters.

SwiftKey was my to-go keyboard for a few years but I use more than one language. Unfortunately, the prediction for mmy other languages are terrible and you can't have separate settings for different languages - so I either completely disable prediction/autocorrect or suffer terrible typing experience.
25th March 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 387

1,750 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullHorn7

SwiftKey was my to-go keyboard for a few years but I use more than one language. Unfortunately, the prediction for mmy other languages are terrible and you can't have separate settings for different languages - so I either completely disable prediction/autocorrect or suffer terrible typing experience.

Ah, that sucks. I have excellent predictions in English, and good predictions in French.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread