FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

Does my requirements feature in a current ROM

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By andy46, Member on 27th August 2014, 07:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Firstly i don't wish this to be turned into a which one is best, as mostly this is all subjective depending on each users requirements....

What i would like to know is the following... Does a ROM currently exist which have the following things?
  • As close to stock as possible
  • Option to select and to run phone in ART runtime
  • Theme engine present, OR ability to change icons whilst in ART mode

Essentially I'm looking for something close to Paranoid Android, BUT with ability to use ART runtime?

Thanks in Advance
 
 
27th August 2014, 07:21 PM |#2  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,693
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy46

Firstly i don't wish this to be turned into a which one is best, as mostly this is all subjective depending on each users requirements....

What i would like to know is the following... Does a ROM currently exist which have the following things?

  • As close to stock as possible
  • Option to select and to run phone in ART runtime
  • Theme engine present, OR ability to change icons whilst in ART mode

Essentially I'm looking for something close to Paranoid Android, BUT with ability to use ART runtime?

Thanks in Advance

why can't you use pa in art?
Last edited by simms22; 27th August 2014 at 07:30 PM.
27th August 2014, 07:25 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

went can't you use pa in art?


I thought it wasn't 'compatible', or have i misread it? When i first installed PA 7mths ago i remember going to change it to ART, and a warning/error message came up from memory saying not possible, and not looked since.


Maybe i misread the msg or had a blonde moment months ago, and not bothered checking since
27th August 2014, 07:30 PM |#4  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,693
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy46

I thought it wasn't 'compatible', or have i misread it? When i first installed PA 7mths ago i remember going to change it to ART, and a warning/error message came up from memory saying not possible, and not looked since.


Maybe i misread the msg or had a blonde moment months ago, and not bothered checking since

check for me please
27th August 2014, 07:54 PM |#5  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,796
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy46

I thought it wasn't 'compatible', or have i misread it? When i first installed PA 7mths ago i remember going to change it to ART, and a warning/error message came up from memory saying not possible, and not looked since.


Maybe i misread the msg or had a blonde moment months ago, and not bothered checking since

You completely misread the message.

We don't support bug reports or issues if you are using art, as there are many apps incompatible with art in general.

If you read the message it stated the TEAM doesn't support it but you can switch to art if you want to. If it wasn't compatible, we would not have even given you the option

#stayparanoid
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pirateghost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 08:07 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost

You completely misread the message.

We don't support bug reports or issues if you are using art, as there are many apps incompatible with art in general.

If you read the message it stated the TEAM doesn't support it but you can switch to art if you want to. If it wasn't compatible, we would not have even given you the option

#stayparanoid

Yep, put it in ART now. Think when initially looked into it i just saw PA doesn't support... and obviously like an idiot didn't read any further!

Sorry for the pointless thread!
27th August 2014, 08:46 PM |#7  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,796
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy46

Yep, put it in ART now. Think when initially looked into it i just saw PA doesn't support... and obviously like an idiot didn't read any further!

Sorry for the pointless thread!

We tried to make the message clear enough but no matter the wording it came through as the ROM didn't support it for some reason. You most certainly aren't the only one.

Once Google makes art default we will support it as long as it's not an app issue. Some apps are not compatible with art

#stayparanoid
27th August 2014, 09:29 PM |#8  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,651
 
More
"Please note, ART is an experimental feature. Although it should work without issue, we cannot actively support any bugs or issues encountered - once activated"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes