Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more

Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Does my requirements feature in a current ROM

27th August 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Firstly i don't wish this to be turned into a which one is best, as mostly this is all subjective depending on each users requirements....

What i would like to know is the following... Does a ROM currently exist which have the following things?
  • As close to stock as possible
  • Option to select and to run phone in ART runtime
  • Theme engine present, OR ability to change icons whilst in ART mode

Essentially I'm looking for something close to Paranoid Android, BUT with ability to use ART runtime?

Thanks in Advance
27th August 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #2  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 23,725
 
28,878 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy46

Firstly i don't wish this to be turned into a which one is best, as mostly this is all subjective depending on each users requirements....

What i would like to know is the following... Does a ROM currently exist which have the following things?

  • As close to stock as possible
  • Option to select and to run phone in ART runtime
  • Theme engine present, OR ability to change icons whilst in ART mode

Essentially I'm looking for something close to Paranoid Android, BUT with ability to use ART runtime?

Thanks in Advance

why can't you use pa in art?
Last edited by simms22; 27th August 2014 at 07:30 PM.
27th August 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

went can't you use pa in art?


I thought it wasn't 'compatible', or have i misread it? When i first installed PA 7mths ago i remember going to change it to ART, and a warning/error message came up from memory saying not possible, and not looked since.


Maybe i misread the msg or had a blonde moment months ago, and not bothered checking since
27th August 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #4  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 23,725
 
28,878 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy46

I thought it wasn't 'compatible', or have i misread it? When i first installed PA 7mths ago i remember going to change it to ART, and a warning/error message came up from memory saying not possible, and not looked since.


Maybe i misread the msg or had a blonde moment months ago, and not bothered checking since

check for me please
27th August 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #5  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,762
 
11,420 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy46

I thought it wasn't 'compatible', or have i misread it? When i first installed PA 7mths ago i remember going to change it to ART, and a warning/error message came up from memory saying not possible, and not looked since.


Maybe i misread the msg or had a blonde moment months ago, and not bothered checking since

You completely misread the message.

We don't support bug reports or issues if you are using art, as there are many apps incompatible with art in general.

If you read the message it stated the TEAM doesn't support it but you can switch to art if you want to. If it wasn't compatible, we would not have even given you the option

#stayparanoid
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pirateghost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost

You completely misread the message.

We don't support bug reports or issues if you are using art, as there are many apps incompatible with art in general.

If you read the message it stated the TEAM doesn't support it but you can switch to art if you want to. If it wasn't compatible, we would not have even given you the option

#stayparanoid

Yep, put it in ART now. Think when initially looked into it i just saw PA doesn't support... and obviously like an idiot didn't read any further!

Sorry for the pointless thread!
27th August 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #7  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,762
 
11,420 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy46

Yep, put it in ART now. Think when initially looked into it i just saw PA doesn't support... and obviously like an idiot didn't read any further!

Sorry for the pointless thread!

We tried to make the message clear enough but no matter the wording it came through as the ROM didn't support it for some reason. You most certainly aren't the only one.

Once Google makes art default we will support it as long as it's not an app issue. Some apps are not compatible with art

#stayparanoid
27th August 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #8  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 16,171
 
27,702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
"Please note, ART is an experimental feature. Although it should work without issue, we cannot actively support any bugs or issues encountered - once activated"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes