FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Reset Tamper Flag

210 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By ILowry282, Senior Member on 30th January 2014, 05:00 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I RMA'd my device and need to reset the tamper flag. I followed the instructions here in the forums, but it is not working. I've tried 2 different methods.

1) Download the flashable zip file and use fast boot to boot into TWRP. The problem with this is that once i boot into TWRP, it does not recognize any files in the sdcard/downloads folder.

2) Download boot unlocker from the playstore. I need an unlocked and rooted device so this seems pointless as I will need to unlock and relock my boot loader to use this.

Someone please help.

30th January 2014, 05:05 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 204

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282

I RMA'd my device and need to reset the tamper flag. I followed the instructions here in the forums, but it is not working. I've tried 2 different methods.

1) Download the flashable zip file and use fast boot to boot into TWRP. The problem with this is that once i boot into TWRP, it does not recognize any files in the sdcard/downloads folder.

2) Download boot unlocker from the playstore. I need an unlocked and rooted device so this seems pointless as I will need to unlock and relock my boot loader to use this.

Someone please help.

in short do u want to unroot ur phone completely ?!! watch this video completely and follow it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-L2fMZl027E

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Last edited by rahil3108; 30th January 2014 at 05:08 AM.
30th January 2014, 05:23 AM |#3  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:

Someone please help.

Re-root the device with TWRP. Then download bootunlocker and reset the tamper flag. Then flash the factory image, relock the bootloader, and you'll be good to go.
30th January 2014, 05:26 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahil3108

in short do u want to unroot ur phone completely ?!! watch this video completely and follow it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-L2fMZl027E

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I followed that video and it did not work. First off, I can't find that zip file anywhere. The link on the xda forums doesn't give me the correct file. Second, I have a mac. For me to boot into TWRP using fast boot, it required the boot loader to be unlocked. If I unlock the boot loader to boot into TWRP via fast boot, TWRP doesn't recognize any files in the downloads folder.
30th January 2014, 07:15 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,774

More
Quote:

I followed that video and it did not work. First off, I can't find that zip file anywhere. The link on the xda forums doesn't give me the correct file. Second, I have a mac. For me to boot into TWRP using fast boot, it required the boot loader to be unlocked. If I unlock the boot loader to boot into TWRP via fast boot, TWRP doesn't recognize any files in the downloads folder.

Bro,
1. Flash the factory image in fastboot
2. Download the latest TWRP recovery and rename it to twrp.img and put it in the fastboot folder and download this zip http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1387666907 and put it on the phone`s sdcard.
3. Go into bootloader mode and flash the downloaded zip in recovery, just type in cmd: `fastboot boot twrp.img` and you`ll boot into twrp recovery.
4. Done, you`re device is locked and the tampered flag is reset.

Oeps saw you have a Mac so look here:
Full tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX4R6IhcoTM.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow

Re-root the device with TWRP. Then download bootunlocker and reset the tamper flag. Then flash the factory image, relock the bootloader, and you'll be good to go.

Wrong order bro, and why would you have to reroot to flash twtp as long as the bootloader is unlocked. Once the bootloader is locked you can`t flash the image anymore
Last edited by gee2012; 30th January 2014 at 08:20 AM.
30th January 2014, 08:32 AM |#6  
Flag Philadelphia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Wrong order bro, and why would you have to reroot to flash twtp as long as the bootloader is unlocked. Once the bootloader is locked you can`t flash the image anymore

Because you need root to run BootUnlocker in order to reset the tamper flag. Resetting the tamper flag is the first thing you should do, relocking the bootloader is the last.
30th January 2014, 08:36 AM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

More
Quote:

Because you need root to run BootUnlocker in order to reset the tamper flag. Resetting the tamper flag is the first thing you should do, relocking the bootloader is the last.

You don't need root for that bro and relocking and resetting the flag goes in one go with the bootunlocker script at the end.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
Last edited by gee2012; 30th January 2014 at 08:38 AM.
30th January 2014, 08:37 AM |#8  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,810

More
Quote:

You don't need root for that bro ☺

You do to use the BootUnlocker android app.
30th January 2014, 08:40 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

You do to use the BootUnlocker android app.

No, i was talking about this script http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1387666907 from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2239421 to reset the tampered flag and relock the BL.
Last edited by gee2012; 30th January 2014 at 08:43 AM.
30th January 2014, 08:49 AM |#10  
Flag Philadelphia

More
Quote:

You don't need root for that bro and relocking and resetting the flag goes in one go with the bootunlocker script at the end.

The OP stated he couldn't get the script to work or didn't know how. My advice was that he use the app instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to BirchBarlow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2014, 09:11 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

More
Quote:

The OP stated he couldn't get the script to work or didn't know how. My advice was that he use the app instead.

Oke, initialy i thought he had a windows PC and saw later he had a Mac. Does the Bootlocker app also reset the tampered flag? Haven`t used it myself yet.
Last edited by gee2012; 30th January 2014 at 09:14 AM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread