Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Restoring of older android device ID causing problems with google apps?

Tip us?

Lownita
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
Default [Q] Restoring of older android device ID causing problems with google apps?

Is it possible that restoring the device ID with titanium backup might cause problems with google apps and/or google play services?
To my understanding, TB restores the ID to ensure that the restored apps will be working flawlessly.
But on the other hand, might the changing ID confuse the rest of the system? I was getting problems with google now not properly refreshing anymore and so this came to my mind.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9771
It's all about purchased apps being linked to your device id, however I've never found one that is.

But yes, if you don't restore the id then you buy one of these mythical applications, then restore the id, you could have issues.

I purchase many apps though and have never had an issue. It's nothing to do with google now or anything else

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lownita
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
So if I restore the Id right after a fresh rom install, I should have no problems with google apps whatsoever?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lownita View Post
So if I restore the Id right after a fresh rom install, I should have no problems with google apps whatsoever?
You should have no issues with google apps whether you restore or not. Device id is nothing to do with google apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]