[Q] Restoring applications on new roms

1st May 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham, UK
Thanks Meter: 57

256 posts
More
Hey guys, Would it be all right to restore my backed up applications on titanium backup to stock/custom roms after I've wiped my device and would I encounter any issues doing so? thanks In advance.
1st May 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 492

2,336 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubsz

Hey guys, Would it be all right to restore my backed up applications on titanium backup to stock/custom roms after I've wiped my device and would I encounter any issues doing so? thanks In advance.

Yup, Titanium will work fine. I've been using it for years on various different Android devices
The Following User Says Thank You to CitizenLee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #3  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,688

22,661 posts
More
Its all about identifying what is a user app and what is a system app. You do a wipe because system data (system app data) is not compatible between roms. user data is fine.

In titanium, filter out all system apps. Then before you restore missign apps with data, ensure also by going through the list one by one, that there is still nothing rom related and deselecting anything that is,
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 492

2,336 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Its all about identifying what is a user app and what is a system app. You do a wipe because system data (system app data) is not compatible between roms. user data is fine.

In titanium, filter out all system apps. Then before you restore missign apps with data, ensure also by going through the list one by one, that there is still nothing rom related and deselecting anything that is,

Good advice

System apps appear in red text, so easy to avoid. I also cherry pick the items in green / yellow text as not all are needed between ROMs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CitizenLee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham, UK
Thanks Meter: 57

256 posts
More
Thanks for helping guys, I appreciate it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread