Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Restoring Issue

OP p4ranoid4ndroid

3rd April 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
185 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
So I created a backup with TWRP and now am trying to restore from said back up. It's been running for nearly an hour and its still on restoring data. Just wondering if this is normal. The progress bar is still spinning, but hasn't made any progress really since it started on the data partition. Just wondering what I should do in this kind of case.

Edit: Coming up on two hours, I'm scared to let my phone die. Really not sure what to do with it tho at this point.
Last edited by p4ranoid4ndroid; 3rd April 2014 at 02:54 AM.
3rd April 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #2  
Mojar7070's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
168 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ranoid4ndroid

So I created a backup with TWRP and now am trying to restore from said back up. It's been running for nearly an hour and its still on restoring data. Just wondering if this is normal. The progress bar is still spinning, but hasn't made any progress really since it started on the data partition. Just wondering what I should do in this kind of case.

Edit: Coming up on two hours, I'm scared to let my phone die. Really not sure what to do with it tho at this point.

If you still want to continue the restore, you can always plug it in the charger..... It'll charge while in recovery. One of the perks when using TWRP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
3rd April 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
185 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojar7070

If you still want to continue the restore, you can always plug it in the charger..... It'll charge while in recovery. One of the perks when using TWRP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

what will happen if I let it die? its been going for hours now and I just have a feeling it got stuck
3rd April 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #4  
xdrc45's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Great White , Michigan
Thanks Meter: 300
 
730 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ranoid4ndroid

what will happen if I let it die? its been going for hours now and I just have a feeling it got stuck

I wouldn't recommend letting it die... Just in case, you don't want to end up with a bigger problem.
I would power off the device before letting it die and reboot to recovery and try restoring the backup again.
If it still doesn't restore your backup, you could try re-flashing TWRP again and then try restoring the backup.
Also did you make your backup with an older version of TWRP and then updated to a newer version? If so reflash the version of TWRP you used to make the backup with and then restore your backup.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes