Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,464 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Restoring Issue

Tip us?

p4ranoid4ndroid
Old
(Last edited by p4ranoid4ndroid; 3rd April 2014 at 01:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Restoring Issue

So I created a backup with TWRP and now am trying to restore from said back up. It's been running for nearly an hour and its still on restoring data. Just wondering if this is normal. The progress bar is still spinning, but hasn't made any progress really since it started on the data partition. Just wondering what I should do in this kind of case.

Edit: Coming up on two hours, I'm scared to let my phone die. Really not sure what to do with it tho at this point.

Mojar7070
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ranoid4ndroid View Post
So I created a backup with TWRP and now am trying to restore from said back up. It's been running for nearly an hour and its still on restoring data. Just wondering if this is normal. The progress bar is still spinning, but hasn't made any progress really since it started on the data partition. Just wondering what I should do in this kind of case.

Edit: Coming up on two hours, I'm scared to let my phone die. Really not sure what to do with it tho at this point.
If you still want to continue the restore, you can always plug it in the charger..... It'll charge while in recovery. One of the perks when using TWRP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

p4ranoid4ndroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojar7070 View Post
If you still want to continue the restore, you can always plug it in the charger..... It'll charge while in recovery. One of the perks when using TWRP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
what will happen if I let it die? its been going for hours now and I just have a feeling it got stuck

xdrc45
Old
Thanks Meter 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ranoid4ndroid View Post
what will happen if I let it die? its been going for hours now and I just have a feeling it got stuck
I wouldn't recommend letting it die... Just in case, you don't want to end up with a bigger problem.
I would power off the device before letting it die and reboot to recovery and try restoring the backup again.
If it still doesn't restore your backup, you could try re-flashing TWRP again and then try restoring the backup.
Also did you make your backup with an older version of TWRP and then updated to a newer version? If so reflash the version of TWRP you used to make the backup with and then restore your backup.
If you found my post Helpful Please click the Thank You Button!

Google Nexus 5 - Custom Rom - *Dirty Unicorns 4.4.3* - FrancoR53 - TWRP v2.7
LG Optimus L9 MS769 - *Kumakan 4.1.2* - Rooted - CWM - Locked BL
LG Motion 4G MS770 - Custom Rom - *CM 10*
HTC HD7 - WP - OS 7.8 - Custom Rom - *Deepshining* v8.1 Fully Unlocked
Samsung Admire - Custom Rom - *Open Android* v2.3.6
Huawei Ascend - M860 -Custom Rom - *CM 7.2*
Lenovo IdeaTab - A2109 - Custom Rom - *Paranoid/CM 10 Combo*