Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,120 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Restoring my recovery, but not wiping

Tip us?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by providedbike View Post
Ok great that's very helpful, thanks!
No problem.

I just think that way is easier....I wouldn't want you putting extra work in, if you dont have to. It also gives you more freedom to work with mods in the future too, or kernels etc
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

providedbike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
No problem.

I just think that way is easier....I wouldn't want you putting extra work in, if you dont have to. It also gives you more freedom to work with mods in the future too, or kernels etc
Yep it's all good. For some reason, I had this little fear of the fact it's an official stock rom, that's been "toyed" with. But of course that makes no sense really, considering I'm willing to install many third party apps and processes that could easily alter/mess my phone up.

Do the rooted stock roms get released fairly rapidly after the official one is released?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,422
Quote:
Yep it's all good. For some reason, I had this little fear of the fact it's an official stock rom, that's been "toyed" with. But of course that makes no sense really, considering I'm willing to install many third party apps and processes that could easily alter/mess my phone up.

Do the rooted stock roms get released fairly rapidly after the official one is released?
Yeah. as soon as the factory image is released. Maybe a day or two. Which is before 99% of people even receive the OTA notification
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

providedbike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Yeah. as soon as the factory image is released. Maybe a day or two. Which is before 99% of people even receive the OTA notification
Perfect, thanks for clearing things up for me.

Just checking, I'll make a backup before I flash, but technically, will all my data still be there if all goes to plan?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,422
Quote:
Perfect, thanks for clearing things up for me.

Just checking, I'll make a backup before I flash, but technically, will all my data still be there if all goes to plan?
Yep. the /data partition is not touched. Just /system and /boot (ROM and Kernel)

providedbike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Yep. the /data partition is not touched. Just /system and /boot (ROM and Kernel)
Great I'll do it tonight