Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Restoring my recovery, but not wiping

OP providedbike

2nd September 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #11  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,312

24,410 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by providedbike

Ok great that's very helpful, thanks!

No problem.

I just think that way is easier....I wouldn't want you putting extra work in, if you dont have to. It also gives you more freedom to work with mods in the future too, or kernels etc
2nd September 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

No problem.

I just think that way is easier....I wouldn't want you putting extra work in, if you dont have to. It also gives you more freedom to work with mods in the future too, or kernels etc

Yep it's all good. For some reason, I had this little fear of the fact it's an official stock rom, that's been "toyed" with. But of course that makes no sense really, considering I'm willing to install many third party apps and processes that could easily alter/mess my phone up.

Do the rooted stock roms get released fairly rapidly after the official one is released?
2nd September 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #13  

24,410 posts
More
Quote:

Yep it's all good. For some reason, I had this little fear of the fact it's an official stock rom, that's been "toyed" with. But of course that makes no sense really, considering I'm willing to install many third party apps and processes that could easily alter/mess my phone up.

Do the rooted stock roms get released fairly rapidly after the official one is released?

Yeah. as soon as the factory image is released. Maybe a day or two. Which is before 99% of people even receive the OTA notification
2nd September 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:

Yeah. as soon as the factory image is released. Maybe a day or two. Which is before 99% of people even receive the OTA notification

Perfect, thanks for clearing things up for me.

Just checking, I'll make a backup before I flash, but technically, will all my data still be there if all goes to plan?
2nd September 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #15  

24,410 posts
More
Quote:

Perfect, thanks for clearing things up for me.

Just checking, I'll make a backup before I flash, but technically, will all my data still be there if all goes to plan?

Yep. the /data partition is not touched. Just /system and /boot (ROM and Kernel)
2nd September 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:

Yep. the /data partition is not touched. Just /system and /boot (ROM and Kernel)

Great I'll do it tonight
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread