FORUMS

Battery Life Guide Helps You Get More out of Your Device

Battery life is a primary concern when it comes to smartphones these days, and … more

Vinsic Doosl FM Transmitter Review – Accessory Review

A lot of vehicles come with stereos featuring Bluetooth connectivity. This … more

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Restoring my recovery, but not wiping

2nd September 2014, 04:28 PM |#11  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 17,638
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by providedbike

Ok great that's very helpful, thanks!

No problem.

I just think that way is easier....I wouldn't want you putting extra work in, if you dont have to. It also gives you more freedom to work with mods in the future too, or kernels etc
 
 
2nd September 2014, 04:34 PM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

No problem.

I just think that way is easier....I wouldn't want you putting extra work in, if you dont have to. It also gives you more freedom to work with mods in the future too, or kernels etc

Yep it's all good. For some reason, I had this little fear of the fact it's an official stock rom, that's been "toyed" with. But of course that makes no sense really, considering I'm willing to install many third party apps and processes that could easily alter/mess my phone up.

Do the rooted stock roms get released fairly rapidly after the official one is released?
2nd September 2014, 04:39 PM |#13  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 17,638
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by providedbike

Yep it's all good. For some reason, I had this little fear of the fact it's an official stock rom, that's been "toyed" with. But of course that makes no sense really, considering I'm willing to install many third party apps and processes that could easily alter/mess my phone up.

Do the rooted stock roms get released fairly rapidly after the official one is released?

Yeah. as soon as the factory image is released. Maybe a day or two. Which is before 99% of people even receive the OTA notification
2nd September 2014, 04:43 PM |#14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Yeah. as soon as the factory image is released. Maybe a day or two. Which is before 99% of people even receive the OTA notification

Perfect, thanks for clearing things up for me.

Just checking, I'll make a backup before I flash, but technically, will all my data still be there if all goes to plan?
2nd September 2014, 04:44 PM |#15  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 17,638
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by providedbike

Perfect, thanks for clearing things up for me.

Just checking, I'll make a backup before I flash, but technically, will all my data still be there if all goes to plan?

Yep. the /data partition is not touched. Just /system and /boot (ROM and Kernel)
2nd September 2014, 04:56 PM |#16  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Yep. the /data partition is not touched. Just /system and /boot (ROM and Kernel)

Great I'll do it tonight
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes