Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,520 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] reverting from custom kernel to stock?

Tip us?

dallas220
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer_Of_The_Gods View Post
So no worries since you don't flash all (you use the "Method2" from the link I posted above), about the "flash-all.sh" file, when you open the factory image file, you have this script, more info here about the "-w" to delete: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...77&postcount=4.

thanks for you help my brother. Just another question.. If I have a nandroidbackup on the computer that I made before I installed my custom kernel, could you somehow use that to get back to the stock kernel? Is that something...or I am just asking the most ridiculous questions?

It seems the more I read, the less I am confident with adb, flashing, backups etc.... :S

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,179

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas220 View Post
thanks for you help my brother. Just another question.. If I have a nandroidbackup on the computer that I made before I installed my custom kernel, could you somehow use that to get back to the stock kernel? Is that something...or I am just asking the most ridiculous questions?

It seems the more I read, the less I am confident with adb, flashing, backups etc.... :S
If want the stock kernel download the factory images from google and flash the boot.img via fastboot. That's the easiest way.

If you still want to use nandroid backup then copy the nandroid backup to the correct location... Head over to Philz Touch recovery and use the custom restore option by which you can select only the "boot" and "system" partition. But I haven't tried doing it so can't say whether it will work or not. However, technically it should work. I have no idea how to do this using TWRP though as I haven't used it much.