Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] ridiculous battery times, on stand by!

OP ihadthe147

3rd September 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
i got this phone about 2 months ago to replace my p.o.s. samsung galaxy s relay 4g (even the name gave me headaches) and at first it was pretty awesome, sweet camera, enough space for my shenanigans, and a sweet display. however, it all changed when i updated to 4.4.4........ my battery now lasts like 4 hours from the time it's unplugged from the charger. also that is with light use at work, like texts here and there, snapchat, and random facebook usage. now, i can only open up my camera app like 3 or 4 times after a reboot and then a message will come up saying "can't connect to camera" same thing while trying to open it with apps that can open up the camera. after googling i found that it's a process that gets hung up and never closes unless the device is rebooted, and when booted into safe mode the camera doesn't do this anymore. ok, so i resort to google, i type the symptoms and came across a thread that blames it on third party apps. but i've tried not opening the third party apps that might be causing the camera to do this but it still happens. any ideas? also i'm on towelroot because i didnt feel like going through the huge process of rooting just to use the ps3 sixaxis controller and to do the volume mod. but i'll take suggestions on what i should do next! if 4.4.4 is what's draining my battery would it be advised to downgrade to 4.4.3?
3rd September 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,982

25,227 posts
More
Did you look at the battery help sticky thread? You can get to it via my signature

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
3rd September 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,930

27,553 posts
battery life is about how you personally use your device, how you set it up, what apps you use, and most of all the quality of your phone/data connection. if your battery is draining fast, look at your setup and apps. apps like Facebook will drain lots if battery, even when not using. and yout other apps can bug the camera, even if you never use them. just installing them will do the trick.
4th September 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 839

1,620 posts
Donate to Me
Did I just heard "shenanigans"? Oh sh1t o.O
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread