Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,892 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ringtone & notifications mute issue

Tip us?

RRunner3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Ringtone & notifications mute issue

My Nexus 5 keeps muting the Ringtone & notifications volume and I the only way I can get it out is to turn it off and on again.

When its muted itself the volume rocker display shows the telephone with a line across it (muted).

The rocker allow me to increase the volume level to maximum but the speaker stays in muted mode. If I turn the telephone off and on again, the problem is solved (for some time).

Anybody have any idea what is going on?
Thanks.

RRunner3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRunner3 View Post
My Nexus 5 keeps muting the Ringtone & notifications volume and I the only way I can get it out is to turn it off and on again.

When its muted itself the volume rocker display shows the telephone with a line across it (muted).

The rocker allow me to increase the volume level to maximum but the speaker stays in muted mode. If I turn the telephone off and on again, the problem is solved (for some time).

Thanks.
I solved by myself. Not a Nexus 5 problem, but a Real Racing 3 bug.
The Following User Says Thank You to RRunner3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

miroesq
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I solved by myself. Not a Nexus 5 problem, but a Real Racing 3 bug.
Same thing is happening to me, but I don't have that app installed. How did you figure out which app was causing this issue?
Nexus 5
Android 4.4.1

RRunner3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroesq View Post
Same thing is happening to me, but I don't have that app installed. How did you figure out which app was causing this issue?
I think you should find what program block you audio.
I find that googling, but I think you can try to launch and apps and find which one is responsible of the issue.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 4

henucu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Thanks.
Had the same issue with my nexus 5. Here is what fixed it. go to settings-> apps -> running. look at the running applications , and kill one app at a time, and then immediately press the up/down volume button to see if you hear the beep. if you dont hear the beep kill the next process and repeat the process until you hear a beep. the last app that you killed just before you hear the beep, is the culprit. in my case, its textplus app, i had no volume mute issues after I uninstalled it.
Tags
mute, nexus 5, notifications, question, ringtones