XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ringtones?

Tip us?

staindreality
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ringtones?

I cannot figure this out. I DL a song with tubemate and I converted it to ogg with a converter and put in ringtones folder with es. It shows up in ringtones change in setting bit all I get is a beep when phone rings and it shows name of song as ringtone selected. When I plug in headphones it plays the song. I tried using a computer and moving it from phone to computer and back and that doesn't work either. I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
How about convert it on a PC and use MP3? All mine work fine so it must be the conversion process. That or buy the music rather than ripping it
Google Nexus 5 (LG-D821) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!!

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by staindreality View Post
I cannot figure this out. I DL a song with tubemate and I converted it to ogg with a converter and put in ringtones folder with es. It shows up in ringtones change in setting bit all I get is a beep when phone rings and it shows name of song as ringtone selected. When I plug in headphones it plays the song. I tried using a computer and moving it from phone to computer and back and that doesn't work either. I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1390644

Post #4. Had this issue in my S3, that fixed it. Used Audacity.

Hammerhead Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.1 (API 19) + Koush's Universal ADB Drivers v6
Recovery: TWRP | Stock KOT49H zip
Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

thenobol
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by staindreality View Post

you also could use ringtones extended, grab it from the play store

Keep Calm, and push the THANKS button
Nexus 5

staindreality
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ringtones extended worked until I restart phone. Then I have reset again. Minor thing but annoying. I'll try audacity. Thank you. I haven't rooted this phone. If I did would that solve this issue.?