5,594,700 Members 33,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Got an RMA and restored a Nandroid. LOST MY IEMI (No Signal). TWRP Packed up EMS.HELP

Tip us?

FishFan319
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Got an RMA and restored a Nandroid. LOST MY IEMI (No Signal). TWRP Packed up EMS.HELP

Desperate here to get the signal working again. All info's in the title. Anyone?

FishFan319
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFan319 View Post
Desperate here to get the signal working again. All info's in the title. Anyone?
Thnking that because I chose to back up the EMS folder, I restored the wrong one to the new device. NOW TO CHANGE THIS!?

leblvin
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFan319 View Post
Thnking that because I chose to back up the EMS folder, I restored the wrong one to the new device. NOW TO CHANGE THIS!?
Hi fish fan.
Welcome to the club.
You've just learned the hard way (like I did) that restoring an EFS from one phone to another totally wipes the phone's ability to make calls. No IMEI, no ESN, no MEID.
You'll need to re-RMA it. Or find a phone repair shop with the hardware equipment required to re-format your phone to the complete factory state (which will void your warranty). Don't bother looking for a software solution for it, unless you know exactly what you're doing (HINT : If you don't know what a NV-Item is, you don't know what you're doing).
Good luck =)