Originally Posted by PhilipTD
I would like to suggest a more constructive way to handle similar posts in the future.
(1) Post a reply to the OP, such as: “Hi, welcome to the forum. Your post is inappropriate. Please PM me so that I may explain to you why that is so. Thanks.”
(2) PM a moderator requesting that the thread be deleted.
From the forum rules:
2.3 ... Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.
To the OP: If you PM me, I would be happy to discuss.
What he ^^^ said.
New members should not be treated as such, as all of you were new at one time. Lest I pull out some "old" first posts that some of you made when you were first members. I suppose they would be pretty embarassing to say the least
Now, with that said, I will advise the OP to do this...
1) See which ROMs are popular. Tons of features do not mean stability.
2) Read the last several days of the post to see what issues the current release has.
3) Kernels are important, so you should probably look at custom kernels as well.
4) Try a few different ROMs and see what works best for you. What runs well on "Joe's" device, may not exactly run well on your device.
ROMs are subjective, and a lot of people have different opinions on different ROMs. I myself prefer modified stock with my own modifications for example.
And because it's so subjective, XDA closes these "Best ROM" threads. This is to avoid exactly what has happened to this thread.
Don't be so quick to judge the folks in the forums, actually they are pretty good people most of the time, and willing to help when there's a serious issue.
So with this said, I will close this thread.
Feel free to contact me if you need anything.