Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What ROMS (other than Droidkang) have the ability to disable "Smart Cover Wake?"

OP pappy97

1st March 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

138 posts
I am currently running DK19 and one feature I love is that I can disable "Smart Cover Wake," it's in the display submenu. I have a flip cover and when that is enabled, when you close the flip cover the phone sleeps, and wakes up when you open it. I like to disable it at times, especially if I want to listen to something from youtube, but not watch it.

With DK not being updated often, I'd like to move to another ROM. Today I tried 3 other roms: Sensonic HD, Mahdirom, and AICP. None have this feature to be able to disable "Smart Cover Wake." I asked the dev behind cRoid about it, and he said he'd look into it, but he just released a new build so it could be a while,

Just wondering if someone knows of other current roms right now that have this feaure that allows you to disable smart cover wake. I'd love to jump on a current rom that has this feature.

Thanks!!
1st March 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 286

1,128 posts
More
I think I saw an xposed module that has an option to disable smart cover wake. Don't remember what its called but have a look around in their repository.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st March 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

138 posts
Thanks. I did look through the xposed list several times, couldn't find it. Anyone know of any roms other than DK that have it?

Thanks!!
1st March 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

138 posts
I would also gladly settle for a current custom rom that does not have smart cover at all, i.e. a rom that if you use a flip cover, opening and closing the cover does not wake/sleep the phone.

Thanks!
2nd March 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #5  
Lyon
Thanks Meter: 6

30 posts
More
I might be wrong but I think CM does not have this feature. Or at least did not back in December !
2nd March 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

138 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by legsim

I might be wrong but I think CM does not have this feature. Or at least did not back in December !

CM does not have it, I have tried CM and other CM based ROMS. Like I said, I have it on DroidKang (which is CM based), but I'd like to find it on other ROMS since DroidKang is not active. Surely there is another Nexus 5 ROM out there that has ability to disable smart cover wake. I don't think the dev behind DroidKang (who is now missing) developed this.
Last edited by pappy97; 2nd March 2014 at 08:54 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread