Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What ROMS (other than Droidkang) have the ability to disable "Smart Cover Wake?"

Tip us?

pappy97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [Q] What ROMS (other than Droidkang) have the ability to disable "Smart Cover Wake?"

I am currently running DK19 and one feature I love is that I can disable "Smart Cover Wake," it's in the display submenu. I have a flip cover and when that is enabled, when you close the flip cover the phone sleeps, and wakes up when you open it. I like to disable it at times, especially if I want to listen to something from youtube, but not watch it.

With DK not being updated often, I'd like to move to another ROM. Today I tried 3 other roms: Sensonic HD, Mahdirom, and AICP. None have this feature to be able to disable "Smart Cover Wake." I asked the dev behind cRoid about it, and he said he'd look into it, but he just released a new build so it could be a while,

Just wondering if someone knows of other current roms right now that have this feaure that allows you to disable smart cover wake. I'd love to jump on a current rom that has this feature.

Thanks!!
Android Devices:
Nexus 5 rocking crDroid Build 54 with elementalX Kernel
Nexus 10 rocking CM11 Nightlies

bushako
Old
Thanks Meter 280
I think I saw an xposed module that has an option to disable smart cover wake. Don't remember what its called but have a look around in their repository.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Nexus 5 - 32GB - D820 - latest 4.4.4 Mahdi ROM with Franco's Kernel

Sony Xperia Z Ultra - C6833 - White - Latest stock rom and kernel - rooted with Dual Recovery.

pappy97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Thanks. I did look through the xposed list several times, couldn't find it. Anyone know of any roms other than DK that have it?

Thanks!!
Android Devices:

pappy97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
I would also gladly settle for a current custom rom that does not have smart cover at all, i.e. a rom that if you use a flip cover, opening and closing the cover does not wake/sleep the phone.

Thanks!
Android Devices:

legsim
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I might be wrong but I think CM does not have this feature. Or at least did not back in December !

pappy97
Old
(Last edited by pappy97; 2nd March 2014 at 07:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by legsim View Post
I might be wrong but I think CM does not have this feature. Or at least did not back in December !
CM does not have it, I have tried CM and other CM based ROMS. Like I said, I have it on DroidKang (which is CM based), but I'd like to find it on other ROMS since DroidKang is not active. Surely there is another Nexus 5 ROM out there that has ability to disable smart cover wake. I don't think the dev behind DroidKang (who is now missing) developed this.
Android Devices: