5,606,588 Members 36,146 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do any ROMs out there have these two features?

Tip us?

Jaxidian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
Default Do any ROMs out there have these two features?

I've installed a half dozen ROMs and can't find any that support these two features:

1) NavBar cursor control - I believe Roman first created this mod a couple years ago with AOKP and it allows you to have left/right arrows on your NavBar whenever the keyboard is open.

2) Bind Torch toggle to long pressing the Home button on the NavBar.

I know you can get these with GravityBox but every time I try that, I have serious stability problems so I'm trying to avoid using Xposed.

Is there a ROM that supports these yet? I've tried and can't find it although I guess I could have missed an option in one.
If my post helps you, please click the "Thanks" button! :)

whozilla
Old
(Last edited by whozilla; 22nd January 2014 at 11:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxidian View Post
I've installed a half dozen ROMs and can't find any that support these two features:

1) NavBar cursor control - I believe Roman first created this mod a couple years ago with AOKP and it allows you to have left/right arrows on your NavBar whenever the keyboard is open.

I know you can get these with GravityBox but every time I try that, I have serious stability problems so I'm trying to avoid using Xposed.

Is there a ROM that supports these yet? I've tried and can't find it although I guess I could have missed an option in one.
Don't ask what ROM my friend. Just read the the forums on every ROM find what calls out to you.
Might I suggest looking for a ROM with exposed already on it. That has a ton of customization options

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1031
Quote:

I'd be interested to read more on the stability issues you were seeing with Xposed/GravityBox. How long ago? Do you remember versions?

Hammerhead Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.1 (API 19) + Koush's Universal ADB Drivers v6
Recovery: TWRP | Stock KOT49H zip
Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

xIceCream
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:

1 - not sure.

2 - Hold home button for torch? AFAIK, i only rmb holding home button when in lock screen toggle torch.

Anyway, go try some PAC ROM, pac rom has more feature than most of the rom as it is a combined ROM among others. OR PA rom.
i am a big fan of PAC rom, but there's still in development for nexus 5. When i'm on older device with PAC rom, it has your point 2 feature.