No registration required

Cannot root after 4.4.3

OP ColdFire InOx

10th June 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

238 posts
More
I had rooted Nexus 5 with franco.kernel. Reverted back to stock kernel and flashed the OTA zip. Everything went perfectly and updated to 4.4.3, but unfortunately lost recovery and root access.

I tried to regain root by running CF auto root kit. No luck whatsoever. I can't flash TWRP, because everytime I type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img - it says it can't open recovery.img. The recovery.img is in the platform-tools folder, I am certain I did nothing wrong.

Can anyone give me a hand with this?

EDIT- You may delete this thread. Seems like the problem was that SuperSU didn't get installed but after downloading it from play store everything shows up as rooted now. Thanks.
Last edited by ColdFire InOx; 10th June 2014 at 03:35 PM.
10th June 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag daytona beach
Thanks Meter: 204

575 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire InOx

I had rooted Nexus 5 with franco.kernel. Reverted back to stock kernel and flashed the OTA zip. Everything went perfectly and updated to 4.4.3, but unfortunately lost recovery and root access.

I tried to regain root by running CF auto root kit. No luck whatsoever. I can't flash TWRP, because everytime I type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img - it says it can't open recovery.img. The recovery.img is in the platform-tools folder, I am certain I did nothing wrong.

Can anyone give me a hand with this?

EDIT- You may delete this thread. Seems like the problem was that SuperSU didn't get installed but after downloading it from play store everything shows up as rooted now. Thanks.

Ha,don't feel bad I spent 4hrs working on my.phone then all of a sudden it wouldn't take adb commands...Turns out I had to change my USB cable..
The Following User Says Thank You to habitformer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread