5,814,939 Members 47,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot root after 4.4.3

Tip us?

ColdFire InOx
Old
(Last edited by ColdFire InOx; 10th June 2014 at 02:35 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Cannot root after 4.4.3

I had rooted Nexus 5 with franco.kernel. Reverted back to stock kernel and flashed the OTA zip. Everything went perfectly and updated to 4.4.3, but unfortunately lost recovery and root access.

I tried to regain root by running CF auto root kit. No luck whatsoever. I can't flash TWRP, because everytime I type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img - it says it can't open recovery.img. The recovery.img is in the platform-tools folder, I am certain I did nothing wrong.

Can anyone give me a hand with this?

EDIT- You may delete this thread. Seems like the problem was that SuperSU didn't get installed but after downloading it from play store everything shows up as rooted now. Thanks.

habitformer
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire InOx View Post
I had rooted Nexus 5 with franco.kernel. Reverted back to stock kernel and flashed the OTA zip. Everything went perfectly and updated to 4.4.3, but unfortunately lost recovery and root access.

I tried to regain root by running CF auto root kit. No luck whatsoever. I can't flash TWRP, because everytime I type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img - it says it can't open recovery.img. The recovery.img is in the platform-tools folder, I am certain I did nothing wrong.

Can anyone give me a hand with this?

EDIT- You may delete this thread. Seems like the problem was that SuperSU didn't get installed but after downloading it from play store everything shows up as rooted now. Thanks.
Ha,don't feel bad I spent 4hrs working on my.phone then all of a sudden it wouldn't take adb commands...Turns out I had to change my USB cable..
The Following User Says Thank You to habitformer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]