FORUMS

Android System WebView Update – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Android Webview is a system component powered by Chrome that allows Android … more

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Root detection

30th April 2014, 12:10 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag inverness
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Hey folks

I use Bank of Scotland Mobile banking app and i just got a nexus 5 first thing i did was unlock and root it, the problem is this app knows it is rooted and will not let me use this app due to it being rooted does any1 know a way around this??


thanks

G

 
 
30th April 2014, 12:49 PM |#2  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 17,091
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1fraser

Hey folks

I use Bank of Scotland Mobile banking app and i just got a nexus 5 first thing i did was unlock and root it, the problem is this app knows it is rooted and will not let me use this app due to it being rooted does any1 know a way around this??


thanks

G

There are various root cloak apps available. Not sure if any work for this app...
30th April 2014, 12:50 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag inverness
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

There are various root cloak apps available. Not sure if any work for this app...


Perfect ill have a look for them are they on the play store is it something you need download and install not used android in ages


Thanks
30th April 2014, 12:51 PM |#4  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 17,091
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1fraser

Perfect ill have a look for them are they on the play store is it something you need download and install not used android in ages


Thanks

I think one is an xposed module. Are you using ART?
30th April 2014, 12:52 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag inverness
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

I think one is an xposed module. Are you using ART?

Just rooted and unlocked haven't installed anything else at the moment new to this so reading a lot of forum posts and threads trying to get my bearings etc without asking a million questions.

G
30th April 2014, 12:55 PM |#6  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 17,091
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1fraser

Just rooted and unlocked haven't installed anything else at the moment new to this so reading a lot of forum posts and threads trying to get my bearings etc without asking a million questions.

G

I only ask as Xposd isnt compatible with ART.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...-post-t2327541 - Theres a list of xposed modules and im sure one is root cloak or something.

Best advice I can give, read all the stickies in Q&A AND General.... Ask as many questions as you can if theres something you dont understand. We're happy to help, but it's easier to help those who have read up first
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 12:57 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag inverness
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

I only ask as Xposd isnt compatible with ART.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...-post-t2327541 - Theres a list of xposed modules and im sure one is root cloak or something.

Best advice I can give, read all the stickies in Q&A AND General.... Ask as many questions as you can if theres something you dont understand. We're happy to help, but it's easier to help those who have read up first

Much appreciated all one big learning curve last time i touched rooting was with an HD2 now got this as a toy to play with so many option has come along way since 2010 ha ha.


Thanks for all your help & time

Greg
30th April 2014, 02:45 PM |#8  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 17,091
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1fraser

Much appreciated all one big learning curve last time i touched rooting was with an HD2 now got this as a toy to play with so many option has come along way since 2010 ha ha.


Thanks for all your help & time

Greg

No probs, enjoy!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank