Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root detection

Tip us?

greg1fraser
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Root detection

Hey folks

I use Bank of Scotland Mobile banking app and i just got a nexus 5 first thing i did was unlock and root it, the problem is this app knows it is rooted and will not let me use this app due to it being rooted does any1 know a way around this??

thanks

G

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1fraser View Post
Hey folks

I use Bank of Scotland Mobile banking app and i just got a nexus 5 first thing i did was unlock and root it, the problem is this app knows it is rooted and will not let me use this app due to it being rooted does any1 know a way around this??

thanks

G

There are various root cloak apps available. Not sure if any work for this app...
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

greg1fraser
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
There are various root cloak apps available. Not sure if any work for this app...

Perfect ill have a look for them are they on the play store is it something you need download and install not used android in ages

Thanks

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,447
Quote:
Perfect ill have a look for them are they on the play store is it something you need download and install not used android in ages

Thanks
I think one is an xposed module. Are you using ART?
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

greg1fraser
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
I think one is an xposed module. Are you using ART?
Just rooted and unlocked haven't installed anything else at the moment new to this so reading a lot of forum posts and threads trying to get my bearings etc without asking a million questions.

G

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,447
Quote:
Just rooted and unlocked haven't installed anything else at the moment new to this so reading a lot of forum posts and threads trying to get my bearings etc without asking a million questions.

G
I only ask as Xposd isnt compatible with ART.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...-post-t2327541 - Theres a list of xposed modules and im sure one is root cloak or something.

Best advice I can give, read all the stickies in Q&A AND General.... Ask as many questions as you can if theres something you dont understand. We're happy to help, but it's easier to help those who have read up first

The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

greg1fraser
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
I only ask as Xposd isnt compatible with ART.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...-post-t2327541 - Theres a list of xposed modules and im sure one is root cloak or something.

Best advice I can give, read all the stickies in Q&A AND General.... Ask as many questions as you can if theres something you dont understand. We're happy to help, but it's easier to help those who have read up first
Much appreciated all one big learning curve last time i touched rooting was with an HD2 now got this as a toy to play with so many option has come along way since 2010 ha ha.

Thanks for all your help & time

Greg

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,447
Quote:
Much appreciated all one big learning curve last time i touched rooting was with an HD2 now got this as a toy to play with so many option has come along way since 2010 ha ha.

Thanks for all your help & time

Greg
No probs, enjoy!