Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

[Q] Root detection

30th April 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag inverness
Thanks Meter: 8

145 posts
More
Hey folks

I use Bank of Scotland Mobile banking app and i just got a nexus 5 first thing i did was unlock and root it, the problem is this app knows it is rooted and will not let me use this app due to it being rooted does any1 know a way around this??

thanks

G

30th April 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,669

22,631 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1fraser

Hey folks

I use Bank of Scotland Mobile banking app and i just got a nexus 5 first thing i did was unlock and root it, the problem is this app knows it is rooted and will not let me use this app due to it being rooted does any1 know a way around this??

thanks

G

There are various root cloak apps available. Not sure if any work for this app...
30th April 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag inverness

145 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

There are various root cloak apps available. Not sure if any work for this app...

Perfect ill have a look for them are they on the play store is it something you need download and install not used android in ages

Thanks
30th April 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #4  

22,631 posts
More
Quote:

Perfect ill have a look for them are they on the play store is it something you need download and install not used android in ages

Thanks

I think one is an xposed module. Are you using ART?
30th April 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag inverness

145 posts
More
Quote:

I think one is an xposed module. Are you using ART?

Just rooted and unlocked haven't installed anything else at the moment new to this so reading a lot of forum posts and threads trying to get my bearings etc without asking a million questions.

G
30th April 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #6  

22,631 posts
More
Quote:

Just rooted and unlocked haven't installed anything else at the moment new to this so reading a lot of forum posts and threads trying to get my bearings etc without asking a million questions.

G

I only ask as Xposd isnt compatible with ART.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...-post-t2327541 - Theres a list of xposed modules and im sure one is root cloak or something.

Best advice I can give, read all the stickies in Q&A AND General.... Ask as many questions as you can if theres something you dont understand. We're happy to help, but it's easier to help those who have read up first
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag inverness

145 posts
More
Quote:

I only ask as Xposd isnt compatible with ART.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...-post-t2327541 - Theres a list of xposed modules and im sure one is root cloak or something.

Best advice I can give, read all the stickies in Q&A AND General.... Ask as many questions as you can if theres something you dont understand. We're happy to help, but it's easier to help those who have read up first

Much appreciated all one big learning curve last time i touched rooting was with an HD2 now got this as a toy to play with so many option has come along way since 2010 ha ha.

Thanks for all your help & time

Greg
30th April 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #8  

22,631 posts
More
Quote:

Much appreciated all one big learning curve last time i touched rooting was with an HD2 now got this as a toy to play with so many option has come along way since 2010 ha ha.

Thanks for all your help & time

Greg

No probs, enjoy!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread