FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

root nexus 5 without pc

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
By saikat_ace, Member on 9th June 2014, 09:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
is there any way to root n5 without connecting to a pc?
 
 
9th June 2014, 09:33 PM |#2  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 25,014
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saikat_ace

is there any way to root n5 without connecting to a pc?

no. you need the computer for two things.. to unlock the bootloader, and to flash a custom recovery.
9th June 2014, 10:09 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
A PC with no AntiVirus would also be preferable. Or a PC with an AntiVirus that can be disabled temporarily. IE: not at school or at a library or work.
9th June 2014, 10:14 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by basik17

A PC with no AntiVirus would also be preferable. Or a PC with an AntiVirus that can be disabled temporarily. IE: not at school or at a library or work.

What?
The Following User Says Thank You to sahil04 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 10:23 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil04

What?

I was just saying that, If the OP decides to find a PC, to make sure to find a PC that either has, no AntiVirus software installed, or a PC with AntiVirus that can be disabled. Often, school, work, and library PC's wont allow you to disable to AntiVirus. AV software can interfere with rooting tools, especially tool kits.

Just my experience.
9th June 2014, 10:37 PM |#6  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 25,014
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by basik17

I was just saying that, If the OP decides to find a PC, to make sure to find a PC that either has, no AntiVirus software installed, or a PC with AntiVirus that can be disabled. Often, school, work, and library PC's wont allow you to disable to AntiVirus. AV software can interfere with rooting tools, especially tool kits.

Just my experience.

thing is, its much faster without any toolkits. plus the op wont learn anything at all if he uses a root toolkit. so when he needs some basic stuff done to the phone, he wont know how. and many times when people that dont really know much but use root toolkits, they get stuck at basic maintenance, and many times they think they bricked their phones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 10:52 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,093
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

thing is, its much faster without any toolkits. plus the op wont learn anything at all if he uses a root toolkit. so when he needs some basic stuff done to the phone, he wont know how. and many times when people that dont really know much but use root toolkits, they get stuck at basic maintenance, and many times they think they bricked their phones.

this. 1mil times this.
9th June 2014, 10:55 PM |#8  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,820
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepius

this. 1mil times this.

1mil+8

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to danarama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes