Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root problem

Tip us?

danielbr14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Root problem

Hi . i was running cm 11 nightly and I wanted to get back to the stock ROM so I backed up everything and it went well . after I got back to 4.4 stock I updated it to 4.4.2 but after the update the recovery was deleted so I used fastboot and flashed it again . when I rebooted it didn't ask me if I would like to install super su so I thought I was already rooted and everything was ok . but I dont have root premmission and I Dont know how to fix it . help please

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10000
You need to flash a rom or a root zip.

There's a rooting / unlocking bootloader sticky thread in general

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danielbr14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I tried to search for a root.zip but the only thing I could find was cf root . can you help me with a link ?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10000
Its a sticky thread in general.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20716
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbr14 View Post
I tried to search for a root.zip but the only thing I could find was cf root . can you help me with a link ?

just flash a recovery in fastboot, then flash the latest supersu in that recovery. thats all.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danielbr14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
just flash a recovery in fastboot, then flash the latest supersu in that recovery. thats all.
Thanks . I thought I needed something more complex . but I guess I was wrong

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Just another benefit of having a Nexus.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)