XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root

Tip us?

adi90004
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Root

does the root cancells the ota updates on the nexus 5?
if i rooted my phone and now for example android 4.4.3 is out, will the update message appear on my phone and i will be able to update the phone without any problem?

chasew83
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi90004 View Post
if i rooted my phone and now for example android 4.4.3 is out, will the update message appear on my phone and i will be able to update the phone without any problem?
just an fyi this would be better asked in q&a section as this is a dev section. if you are rooted it will most likely not update and if it does you will lose root

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7406
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi90004 View Post

Read ota helpdesk thread. Its a sticky in generally

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ldubs
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasew83 View Post
just an fyi this would be better asked in q&a section as this is a dev section. if you are rooted it will most likely not update and if it does you will lose root
Dude don't give out false info please...rooting does not, in itself, affect any otas. And its a nexus, simply reroot once the ota has installed. OP, go to the thread RootSU mentioned. Its all in there.

sent from my hammerhead

Insert witty, pithy, androidy statement here

chasew83
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldubs View Post
Dude don't give out false info please...rooting does not, in itself, affect any otas. And its a nexus, simply reroot once the ota has installed. OP, go to the thread RootSU mentioned. Its all in there.

sent from my hammerhead
not false info but sorry if i did not articulate it well enough, i did not say it wont receive the ota, but meant it may not install, i have had a nexus device that was rooted with recovery NOT install the ota. anyways if you are rooted you can just wait for a stock rom to be released in the threads and flash it, our devs here are usually pretty quick at getting stock rooted ota's out.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7406
Root is one thing. Recovery is another. Anyway all covered in sticky thread. No need to repeat

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.