XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Should I root or not?

Tip us?

catsargent
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Should I root or not?

I have rooted all my other devices i have used without an issue and I just got a Nexus 5. On my other devices I really don't use any root apps except titanium backup. I want to root but I don't know what I could get from if it. I am also worried about it being bricked because I cannot get a new phone. Any thoughts?

espeanage
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's very easy to root. You should refer to this post on how to do it. Just follow the instructions carefully.

Link

BirchBarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsargent View Post
I have rooted all my other devices i have used without an issue and I just got a Nexus 5. On my other devices I really don't use any root apps except titanium backup. I want to root but I don't know what I could get from if it. I am also worried about it being bricked because I cannot get a new phone. Any thoughts?
You can't brick a N5 just by rooting it, rooting doesn't change anything it just gives you root access. While you could brick your phone by using root apps improperly, pretty much any situation can be remedied by reflashing the factory image. The only way I could think of where you could truly hard-brick your phone is if you managed to corrupt the bootloader, which I don't think any root apps would even allow you to do.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7458
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsargent View Post
I want to root but I don't know what I could get from if it
Please read sticky thread at top of q&a

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.