Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Rooted N5, & Android 4.4.2

Tip us?

ItsStormy
Old
(Last edited by ItsStormy; 14th February 2014 at 04:22 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default My Rooted N5, & Android 4.4.2

Hey guys, I have a rooted N5 with CF Auto Root. I have been trying to do a update to 4.4.2. however, every time I download it and go to install, I get a error upon reboot, The update doesn't install. I'm still rather new with rooting phones. I was hoping someone could give me some insight on how to install this? I had a friend tell me its possible to manually install the update if I could locate the files?

Thanks!
Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
Thanks Meter
Hi,

Take a look here: [INFO] Nexus 5 OTA Help-Desk, read closely

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ItsStormy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking37 View Post
Hi,

Take a look here: [INFO] Nexus 5 OTA Help-Desk, read closely

Ahh, excellent, thank you! However I'm a bit confused on what ADB Sideload is and how to use it. XD

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 14th February 2014 at 04:40 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2932
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsStormy View Post
Ahh, excellent, thank you! However I'm a bit confused on what ADB Sideload is and how to use it. XD
Install the android-sdk platform- tools, look here for how to https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j...61190604,d.bGQ.
Then put the rom/OTA you want in the platform-tools folder, reboot in recovery and select adb sideload and then in cmd type `adb sideload namerom.zip` to flash the zip.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
Unofficial elelinux CM 11.0 (4.4.4) stock kernel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ItsStormy
Old
(Last edited by ItsStormy; 14th February 2014 at 05:03 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ooops, got it sorted, thanks guys!

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2932
Quote:
Hi again, so I've gone over the tutorials. However when I attempt to go through the steps within http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2523217 - I keep getting the error 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
You have not created a path, look here http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-set...dows-tutorial/ item 5, 6 and 7.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ItsStormy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay, so apparently thats only a issue if my phone isnt rooted judging by the first tutorial, it states I should follow section B.

1) Download the OTA.zip and copy to your phone.
2) Boot into recovery.
3) Flash the OTA just like you would a ROM.
4) Reboot.

However, When I boot into Recovery Mode, I get a error stating No Command.

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 14th February 2014 at 05:20 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2932
Quote:
Okay, so apparently thats only a issue if my phone isnt rooted judging by the first tutorial, it states I should follow section B.

1) Download the OTA.zip and copy to your phone.
2) Boot into recovery.
3) Flash the OTA just like you would a ROM.
4) Reboot.

However, When I boot into Recovery Mode, I get a error stating No Command.
Do you have a custom recovery? choose B. If on stock recovery boot in a custom recovery by placing the custom recovery.img in fastboot folder and type in cmd `fastboot boot namerecovery.img`, let it load and flash the OTA in recovery and boot up.

ItsStormy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Do you have a custom recovery? choose B. If on stock recovery boot in a custom recovery by placing the custom recovery.img in fastboot folder and type in cmd `fastboot boot namerecovery.img`, let it load and flash the OTA in recovery and boot up.
Eh. I don't believe so, or I'm not entirely sure, I'm sorry.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2932
Quote:
Eh. I don't believe so, or I'm not entirely sure, I'm sorry.
If you have stock recovery there should stand 3e recovery on top, if so reboot into bootloader and do what i wrote in the prior post. Or sideload the OTA with adb in stock recovery.