FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Rooting nexus 5 - Newbie

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By pausebreathefly, Junior Member on 3rd March 2014, 08:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I am about to root nexus 5 and very much new to this rooting. Can you please tell me which one is the best ROM or Rooting software.

Thanks
Anil
 
 
3rd March 2014, 08:06 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Tiverton, Devon
Thanks Meter: 110
 
More
Please read the sticky threads. They have information!

Sent from my Nexus 5
3rd March 2014, 08:10 PM |#3  
Tylog's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 19,751
 
Donate to Me
More
Take a look there http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507905 and there http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2510966
, all you need you will find there and there is no " best Rom " , you need to read the Rom threads and look for yourself what you want and need.

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms
3rd March 2014, 08:31 PM |#4  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,641
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylog

Take a look there http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507905 and there http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2510966
, all you need you will find there and there is no " best Rom " , you need to read the Rom threads and look for yourself what you want and need.

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms

To add to this, please also familiarise yourself with the information in these 2 threads


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2508292

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513701


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
4th March 2014, 12:04 AM |#5  
Darth's Avatar
Senior Moderator - Force Choking Trolls Since 2015
Flag The Dark Side
Thanks Meter: 15,567
 
More
Xda rules my friend. Read number one.

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....
4th March 2014, 06:10 AM |#6  
-Cobalt-'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
For a step-by-step video tutorial, take a look at this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5#root
4th March 2014, 07:25 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylog

Take a look there http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507905 and there http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2510966
, all you need you will find there and there is no " best Rom " , you need to read the Rom threads and look for yourself what you want and need.

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms


Thank you all for the valuable inputs. Hail XDA!!
4th March 2014, 12:35 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepdavies

Please read the sticky threads. They have information!

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thank you..
4th March 2014, 04:48 PM |#9  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 221
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pausebreathefly

Hi,

I am about to root nexus 5 and very much new to this rooting. Can you please tell me which one is the best ROM or Rooting software.

Thanks
Anil

As everyone else posted read here for rooting info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507905

Use that method instead of chainfire auto root, and any other toolkit that you come across, we had problems with people bricking devices for a while because of these toolkits.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes