XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

when rooting

Tip us?

honestorb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default when rooting

Appoligies if asked b4 but is late and d8nt have band with tonight to go searching If I backup b4 rooting can I restore that backup after and the device be as is now but rooted

LamboBull
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Your device would still have the custom recovery/unlocked bootloader,

But you would not have Superuser access.

To gain superuser access on that backup, just flash SuperSU v1.91 in recovery.

Hit that "thanks" button.
Current Phone: Google Nexus 5

Previous Phone: HTC Incredible S

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 202

DONATE TO ME
You can do that to some extent, but you will probably need to at least sign back into your accounts and rearrange the home screen to your liking. You can use something like this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2525026 (you can also do this manually with adb commands) or just one of the back up apps on the Play Store. Some are free, some are paid. Depends on how quick and easy you want the back up to go if you don't want to use the PC tool. Once you do that, then you can unlock the bootloader, root, then restore your stuff.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2549
Quote:
Originally Posted by honestorb View Post
Appoligies if asked b4 but is late and d8nt have band with tonight to go searching If I backup b4 rooting can I restore that backup after and the device be as is now but rooted
For me Helium Backup is a very good app that backups user apps and data, can be used with and without root. Titanium Backup is also very good but it requires root.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 168
I never backup anything always good to start fresh. You could screw up something restoring from old data

Sent from The Deathstar

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 202

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
I never backup anything always good to start fresh. You could screw up something restoring from old data

Sent from The Deathstar
If you are on the same rom, then it typically isn't much of an issue. Problems arise when restoring from different versions or different roms altogether.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ?