XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't run ART

Tip us?

drumjeenyus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't run ART

Hey guys, I'm trying to switch my runtime to ART. I did it a couple days ago and was successful. But was just now looking around in my developer options and noticed it's back to Dalvik. Not sure how it got switched back and when I try and go back to ART, it does reboot the phone but doesn't actually switch to ART, just stays on Dalvik. Any ideas? Could it be an app I've installed that's switched it off, like ROM manager or Xposed Framework or something? The phone is rooted and on stock rom. It was rooted when I successfully switched to ART earlier too. Any ideas? First time actually posting, sorry if it's in the wrong area or I did anything wrong.... lol. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

golem95
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumjeenyus View Post
Hey guys, I'm trying to switch my runtime to ART. I did it a couple days ago and was successful. But was just now looking around in my developer options and noticed it's back to Dalvik. Not sure how it got switched back and when I try and go back to ART, it does reboot the phone but doesn't actually switch to ART, just stays on Dalvik. Any ideas? Could it be an app I've installed that's switched it off, like ROM manager or Xposed Framework or something? The phone is rooted and on stock rom. It was rooted when I successfully switched to ART earlier too. Any ideas? First time actually posting, sorry if it's in the wrong area or I did anything wrong.... lol. Thanks!

yep, it's the xposed framework, for it doesn't work with ART it just prevent the system to switch
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to golem95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drumjeenyus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sweet deal, okay, I have a decision to make than. Thanks so much! Hopefully it'll be compatible with ART soon.