5,597,261 Members 40,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone use Schwab check deposit? Or any other bank's mobile deposit?

Tip us?

housry23
Old
Thanks Meter 733
I use Simple Bank mobile deposit with no problems. I have had issues before, but not on the Nexus 5, and it had nothing to do with the phone or Android. It was a personal check and the persons signature had pen strokes in the routing number.

Also, these incompatibilities are not Androids fault. They are the app developers not updating the app to work with the latest version. I will never understand why people blame Android when this happens, but when an app is not compatible with iOS 7, it's the devs fault and not Apple's.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

compuw22c
Old
Thanks Meter 209
I use SCHWAB specifically and have no problems using my N5. Stock rooted with custom dpi...
If this post (or other's) helped you, hit THANKS!

Device History:
98 Casio E11 (4mb) || 99 Palm Vx (8mb) || 2000 iPaq 3635 (with PCMCIA sled for BT/WIFI) || 2001 Kyocera 2135 (Verizon) || 2003 Samsung SPH-A620 / VGA1000 (Sprint) || 2004 LG PM325 (Sprint) || 2005 Treo 600 (Sprint) || 2006 Treo 650 (Sprint) || 2007 HTC Mogul/VX6800 (Sprint) || 2008 HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) || 2009 HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint) || 2010 Samsung Epic 4g (Sprint) || 2011 Samsung i9100 Galaxy SII || 2012 Google Nexus 4 (L3)

xdp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by housry23 View Post
I use Simple Bank mobile deposit with no problems. I have had issues before, but not on the Nexus 5, and it had nothing to do with the phone or Android. It was a personal check and the persons signature had pen strokes in the routing number.

Also, these incompatibilities are not Androids fault. They are the app developers not updating the app to work with the latest version. I will never understand why people blame Android when this happens, but when an app is not compatible with iOS 7, it's the devs fault and not Apple's.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I completely agree it is the dev's fault and not Android's as a platform, I just mean this sort of thing happens on Android a lot more because so many devs are negligent and don't properly test and weed out all the issues.

Anyway, thanks for all the responses and I'm glad to hear Schwab mobile deposit works fine on the N5. When I'm back home I'll try a reboot and see if that helps.